No Webinterface tried different tutorials - none worked

• Hi guys,
    as mentioned in the titel I'm unable to upgrade from 2.2.14 to 3.x -

After the upgrade (either via omv-release-upgrade or apt-get dist-upgarde) I can use ssh, ftp and have accesss to my smb shares. Unfortunately I'm unable to open the Web interface (got either a 502 bad gateway or just a blank page). I tried quiete a lot of things - nothing worked out for me. Is there an efficent way how to install a completely new version of OMV (i.e. from the scratch) without having to manually set all the permissions, installing plugins, ... again? What I mean is: are there config files that I can transfer from the old system to the new one? And if not - how do I integrate my existing external storage devices (hdd und USB Stick) into the new installation? I run OMV 2.2.14 on a Raspi.

even running a simple apt-get upgrade delivers error messages (sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2))

Thanks for your support

Sascha

• Offizieller Beitrag

You probably have an incompatible plugin still installed which is breaking the web interface.

Is there an efficent way how to install a completely new version of OMV (i.e. from the scratch) without having to manually set all the permissions, installing plugins, ... again?

No.

I run OMV 2.2.14 on a Raspi.

The upgrade from OMV 2.x to 3.x is painful and even worse on the RPi. I highly recommend using the new image. You can use the old database for reference only (/etc/openmediavault/config.xml).

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• just a lst question - if I install a completely new version of OMV from the scratch - would it make sense to upgrade to Version 4 instead of Version 3? And is there any information, when Version 4 will be available for the RPI?

Thanks
    Sascha

• Offizieller Beitrag

Check if the plugins you want to use are available for OMV4.
    http://omv-extras.org/joomla/index.php/omv-plugins-4

If they are, I would install OMV3 first, then do the upgrade to OMV4 with omv-release-upgrade and then do the rest of the configuration including installation of plugins.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!