Raid not mounting

• Can somebody help a Noob please?
    By accident I stupidly followed an upgrade which ended up with me upgrading to version 4. I would be happy to downgrade back to 3.x if I can without wiping my Raid and getting it to work again as this has some data on it.

Currently I see the raid shown in the Raid management screen but not on the file systems where it just shows missing.

Adrian

• Offizieller Beitrag

It's easy to install OMV on a USB thumbdrive and then clone the thumbdrive for OMV/OS backup. With a known working boot drive set off to the side, one can try configuration changes and upgrades without consequence by doing them on a cloned thumbdrive. If the upgrade goes south, simply back out of the upgrade by rebooting on the unaltered original drive.

If either of you would consider backing up the OS, easy to follow processes are laid out in this guide. It may save you some future grief along these lines.

• going back to 3.x would be for me the following:

1. Note down the imporant parts of exported filesystems (Samba config, Storage part, Raid part) - best make screenshots or photos with your mobile.
    2. Shutdown OMV
    3. Pull all Raid Disks - ensure that they are not accessible by the system for the next steps.
    4. Reinstall 3.x and upgrade to latest release.
    5. Reconfigure everything (with the exception of Samba).
    6. Stop OMV again
    7. Put in all raid disks - ensure that you really have all in place)
    8. Start OMV again
    9. Look at the raid panel, find your disk.
    10. resetup the storage parts and reexport the shares.

That should be it.

If you are using other Plugins, you need to note down all settings for that as well and if possible do a backup of the settings (e.g. Couchpotato and others). Also you want to create a backup of your running system (not the data disks) to ensure you have all data available you need.

Everything is possible, sometimes it requires Google to find out how.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!