Transmission plugin - download folder permissions problems

• Hi all,

I'm trying to get transmission/bittorrent plugin working on OpenMediaVault 3.0.95 on Raspberry Pi 2.

I've created a shared folder called Torrents and a folder within called Downloads. I've changed the ACL permissions as suggested in this YouTube video and then setup the BitTorrent plugin as per this image:

I consistently get this result:

So I assume a permissions problem. I have therefore followed all of the suggestions in this post with no success. I finally tried making the folders writable to owners, groups and others as you can see from this screenshot:

I've also added the extra ACL permissions so that debian-transmission user should be able to read/write to both of these folders. I've also tried changing the owner of the folders to debian-transmission with no success.

I'm wondering if the folder gets created for the particular torrent download and that has the wrong permissions to write to.

I'm at my wits end to be honest. Can't work out what to try next so any suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance,
    G.

• Normally, it is advised not to use ACL at all. I'm no permissions expert, but it seems that using the "Reset Perms" plugin (or whatever it's called) always works when I am having similar issues. You simply install the plugin, and a new button appears on your shared folders tab that allows you to reset the permissions to your specification on an entire shared folder.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!