How to recover from boot/system drive failure?

• Looks like my boot/sys drive has been worn out. There are several bad sectors and it would not boot into openmediavault any more. I'm ok with a clean install but would like know the best way to keep my configurations and of course access to data. I can mount the drive in windows and copy out files if needed, but unsure what config files to backup. Is there a wiki or can someone kindly provide a list of files?

• There is no way to convert a fresh install into what a previous install looked like by copying files from the old install into the new install. You will have to configure the fresh install completely from scratch.

If you can recover the /etc/openmediavault/config.xml file, you can use it for reference to see how the failed system was configured. But copying that file into a new install will not work.

Have you tried to repair the failed disk using fsck, etc run from a booted into Linux Live CD? Worth a shot.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gderf ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!