Union Filesystem Error After Upgrade

• I tried to Upgrade from 2 to 3, and was left with a number of errors in the config.xml file it seems. Obviously, I didn't remove enough old plugins or something, but I've been able to get through most of them so far, since most other people had the same errors already.

However, I'm stumped at this one.

I have the following error:

Error #0:exception 'OMV\Config\DatabaseException' with message 'Failed to execute XPath query '/config/services/unionfilesystems/filesystem[uuid='04509fb2-f275-42f0-ac8a-747a12c03d7a']'.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc:78Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/backend/mergerfs.inc(67): OMV\Config\Database->get('conf.service.un...', '04509fb2-f275-4...')#1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/filesystem.inc(878): OMV\System\Filesystem\Backend\Mergerfs->getImpl('dac72a31-12f4-4...')#2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/sharemgmt.inc(86): OMV\System\Filesystem\Filesystem::getImplByMountPoint('/srv/fbda7650-e...')#3 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceShareMgmt->getCandidates(Array, Array)#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getCandidates', Array, Array)#6 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('ShareMgmt', 'getCandidates', Array, Array, 1)#7 {main}

I'm confused as "04509fb2-f275-42f0-ac8a-747a12c03d7a" was my previous UUID under /media for the Union, but I've had to delete and recreate a new Union in WebGUI. The only reference with this in the config.xml is for the PlexMediaServer, but the union path still exists for some reason. I cannot see the new UUID that was generated by Union Filesystem in /media folder though, so something must not be working right? Any help appreciated as I cannot figure out what to try next :(

cheers

• Ok, a restart cleared up the errors, and I've been able to recreate all my Share Folders and CIFS/SMB Shares and it seems to be accessible.

However, I still only see the old UUID under /media, and I don't see the new UUID there? Is it somewhere else in this version? Can I somehow fix this (remove the old one, and create a new one) under /media?

cheers

• Ok, it appears it's been created in /srv...so I assume this is something different in either OMV or Debian upgrade? I will look into it, now I have all the old UUIDs in /media and this new union that I had to create in /srv...not a real pain, as I had created links to them to make it easier for me to remember anyway (data1, data2, parity and storage - this being the union).

Unforutnately, I've had to pretty much redo most of my settings it seems but it's refreshed my memory on how things work again at least. Hopefully, OMV 3 will be nice and stable for me for a while :D

Thanks for all the hard work that people put into this product!

• Offizieller Beitrag

as I had created links to them to make it easier for me to remember anywa

OMV 4.x does this automatically - it creates a bind mount for each shared folder in /sharedfolders/

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

4.x is not released yet though?

Is there a release? yes. Declared officially stable? no

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!