ZFS Degraded Pool

• How does OMV mount my raid array in fstab?
    I can't make head or tail of this...

Just so I am certain when things go pearshaped....
    Note...I say when...lol

bookie56

• Hi flmaxey!
    Please shoot me if I have asked this before....;)
    I have redone another server....and would like to transfer files from my zfs server....Yes, I can do that via network....but takes too long when it is several TB's
    I was wondering about mounting the zfs pool from a Debian installation...I have a flash drive with Debian 9 and zfs installed...just not sure how I could best mount this from my Debian installation so that file transfer to another drive connected to the server can work.....
    I have mounted mdadm raid 5 from my Debian USB but never tried zfs....
    Got any suggestions?
    bookie56

• This BTRFS uncorrectable errors situation doesn't look good. Since scrub results are based on file checksums, it would seem the solution would be - find the files that are corrupted, delete them and replicate them from the (bitrot protected) source again. However, finding the names of the files themselves is not straight forward. What a PITA.

I guess it's time to thoroughly test the disk and dive into the syslog.

Good luck with that....A while ago I had an electrician put a separate line in my office at home to give me protection in case of problem anywhere else in the flat....only problem is I didn't utilise it one hundred procent....yesterday the cooker decided to be over sensitive and the main switch went off....problem was that one of my servers had run for several hours backing up my windows work computer.....The Windows computer was on the right line but not the linux one and I had to start again....ringing electrician today to get the office line extended.....help!

Are you in a hurry? If it was me I'd use the network. You won't have to alter configurations to do it that way - a straight server to server transfer. It's safe. You could do it one share at a time and let it run all night or over a weekend. (Friday evening to Monday morning is a big chunk of time.) With the "keep partially transferred files" flag set, even if there was an error along the way, eventually it would get done.

(Interestingly, after looking, it appears that's there's no straight forward way of stopping an rsync job other than killing the running process.)

I will do as you suggest and use the network.....
    Thanks mate!

bookie56

• I just ran a scrub and had:

Code
    scrub device /dev/md0 (id 1) history
            scrub started at Tue Apr 24 06:49:35 2018 and finished after 00:34:51
            total bytes scrubbed: 1020.60GiB with 1 errors
            error details: csum=1
            corrected errors: 0, uncorrectable errors: 1, unverified errors: 0

I have added lots of partition backups and not done a scrub after adding each....
    But I did find this command to get some idea of the problem...

Code
    dmesg| grep -e "BTRFS warning.*path:" | sed -e 's/^.*path\: //'

After running this I got:

Code
    root@simson:~# dmesg| grep -e "BTRFS warning.*path:" | sed -e 's/^.*path\: //'
    Media1/DN/DN-Users(E)-Partition-Simson/DN-Users(E)-Partition-Simson/DN-Users(E)-Partition-Simson1.adi)

Well, when I added that partition image the computer went down as I said....so I restarted the backup and then removed the unfinished backup afterwards...I will now clean up the partition on the computer and then run that back up again and see what gives....

bookie56

• I might even look into running ZFS on the R-PI :) . That would be a trick with 1 (one) whole GB of ram. ZFS allows "copies=2" which provides for real checksummed bitrot protection, for critical filesystems, even when using a single disk.

Sounds like fun.... :)
    Had problems on my works computer....Windows 7....building a new updated .wim image in vmware at the moment and then I am going to add Samsung nvme drivers for the install usb.....always something to do even when you don't go looking for it....lol

bookie56

• Hi mate!
    Thanks for sharing that.....
    I tried to create a partition backup and for some reason that kept on showing the csum error..not sure why...
    There is no problem with that drive....
    Anyway, after removing it for the second time and a scrub came up clean....I did a file back up of the same drive and the scrub showed no errors.....
    Back to backing up files... :)

bookie56

• Hi mate!
    Well, got my work computer on line with everything how it was and can concentrate on other things...
    I did, however, start my work server and had direct access to the backups I wanted to back up to the old server, so I put them on an external drive and then booted from my usb Debian installation on the OMV server and copied them over to the server...
    I did a btrfs scrub no problems....so now I can do some other work that I have been putting off....
    I back up my computers on a regular basis but don't have a separate directory to make things easier when redoing stuff....another thing on my list of to do thingies.....

bookie56

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!