Shared folder SMB/CIFS on NAS is not visible

• I installed OMV 4.0.15 on my NAS built with a hd SSD and 3 HD in RAID5.
    All right
    I have created and mounted RAID5 and give it the name "Archivio"
    All right
    So I created an user "alex" with default parameters: group "users" and shell "/bin/bash"
    Finally I created a shared folder "Documenti"
    Now
    I checked on NAS and the empty folder was created in "//sharedfolders/Documenti" as in "//srv/dev-disk-by-label-archive/Documenti"
    In ""//srv/" exist a folder "ftp" too.
    Finally
    I activated FTP, SMB/CIFS and SSH

Now connecting to the NAS server from my "Ubuntu 16.04 LTS" PC using the file manager and clicking on "network", it shows:

If I click on "openmediavault - SSH" everything OK, I log in to the NAS and navigate
    If I click on "openmediavault - FTP" I can not access in any way!
    If I click on "openmediavault - SMB/CIFS" or "OPENMEDIAVAULT" a blank and empty screen will open and I cannot do nothing!
    if I click on "Rete Windows" it' show a folder "WORKGROUP" and if I clisk on open a screen with 2 folders "OPENMEDIAVAULT" and "UBUNTU" and If I click on "OPENMEDIAVAULT" a blank and empty screen will open and I cannot do nothing!

Why?
    What am I doing wrong?

• Yes, I created a shared folder. But the problem as described is intermittent. On one occasion I also happily created 3 files and edited them. But with a new startup everything disappears.
    There is some mechanism that activates the otherwise non-active SMB functionality.
    What to check to see if the SMB is active when starting the NAS?

• Yes, I created a shared folder. But the problem as described is intermittent. On one occasion I also happily created 3 files and edited them. But with a new startup everything disappears.
    There is some mechanism that activates the otherwise non-active SMB functionality.
    What to check to see if the SMB is active when starting the NAS?

Just to be clear. Have you been able to get to your "Documenti" folder via SMB on your Ubuntu?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Just to be clear. Have you been able to get to your "Documenti" folder via SMB on your Ubuntu?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YES :)

Now the situation has worsened further, no more access to the Windows network and this is the error that appears!!!

The network is made up of my Ubuntu PC and the Nas Server OMV 4:

Nome host openmediavault.local
    Versione 4.0.16-1 (Arrakis)
    Processore Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz
    Kernel Linux 4.14.0-0.bpo.2-amd64
    Ora di sistema lun 15 gen 2018 16:05:54 CET
    Tempo di attività 0 days 0 hours 27 minutes 49 seconds

• When I look at my SMB/CIFS shares, I don't see the option to add anything. I have my RAID5 set up, and I have a shared folder set up. But no way to create a share.

Interestingly, I am already using the shared folder called Toshiba as a Windows network share successfully, but I want to switch over to the RAID5 and make the Toshiba one a backup drive.

• Fall into the same "trap" at first.
    It's quite counterintuitive for me.
    Of course now I know, that I have to set up a shared folder first and the "share" the shared folder via SMB.

But my question is, shouldn't it be somehow connected?
    Maybe in dialog window when creating a shared folder, should be an additional checkbox to put it already to SMB?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!