High CPU load with clean install of 3.0.94 upgraded to 3.0.95

• I have been running OMV as a VM in Proxmox for a year now and it has run faithfully serving files without issue. I added some new VMs over Christmas and changes the VMID of the OMV install, because I am anal and it did not show up in the right order. After changing the VMID I broke one of my disk references that was set up as raw write to a disk managed by Proxmox since OMV could no longer find it. Since I could not figure out on my own how to remove the old reference from all the config files in OMV I decided it would just be faster to reinstall.

I reinstalled starting with 3.0.94 and running all the updates to linux and 3.0.95 and found that all my file transfer services run slower and created higher CPU load, this was true of all services I used [AFS, SMB, and my rsync job]. For example a SMB transfer to a Mac dropped from 115 mb/s to approx. 75 mb/s and the cpu went from 40% to 100%.

I restored my old 3.0.95 install from backup, obviously the broken link to one of my disks still exists but the transfer speed and cpu issues resolved. I check this OMV build and ensured it needed no updates also.

At this point I think I have two paths forward. 1) Fix the CPU issue in my new VM, which would be preferred since I would like to know how to resolve this issue for a new install in the future. 2) Fix the broken link to the Proxmox shared drive on the old install.

Sumpermicro A1SAM-C2550F
    2xKingston 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM ECC Unbuffered DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Server Memory w/TS Hynix B Model
    16GB SSD for Proxmox
    64GB SSD for VM (OMV 2.2.13 & Win7 x64)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Look at the processes tab in System Info. What processes are at the top of the list?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• OK I am a idiot, I convinced myself there was a problem because of the constant resource limit emails when all along I had turned those notifications off in the old install. I would delete this thread if possible.

Sumpermicro A1SAM-C2550F
    2xKingston 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM ECC Unbuffered DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Server Memory w/TS Hynix B Model
    16GB SSD for Proxmox
    64GB SSD for VM (OMV 2.2.13 & Win7 x64)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!