Docker Plugin Help. - My first Container KODI HEADLESS

• Hi everyone.

I am completely New to docker :S , and this is my first container setup. I am having some issues and need some guidance from you all.

OMV 3.X
    Internal IP 192.168.0.3

OMV Extras Docker Gui 3.1.10
    Pulled Image: linuxserver/kodi-headless

I installed the Docker plugin from the OMV extras repository, selected a shared folder, and then enabled the plugin. I did not change

Next I went into the docker images repo and pulled the kodi headless image. Homepage here

Then I select Run Image and it gives you the run image configuration window where I gave it a container name of KODIHEAD and left everything else at defaults.

Container details

Status is up
    Ports 8080/tcp 9777/udp
    Container Details

I guess this is where i need the help.

1.) How do I access the running instance of the application?
    I tried 192.168.0.3:8080 but that did not work. Nothing else was running on this port.

2.) SABNZBD typicallly runs on port 8080. How do i change the port this docker runs on?
    I tried port forwarding but have no idea if any of it was correct because i couldn't successfully get through step 1

I also tried to get other dockers running, but to no avail. I assume it is because of a basic lack of knowledge of how this plugin works. I looked through the forums, but didn't really find anything helpful or a guide to setting up Docker Containers in specifically in OMV. Any help is appreciated. There's a super long thread on the Docker stable plugin, but it didn't seem to answer my questions or solve my problems. :(

• There are a few considerations with dockers and among them is getting the Docker container to co-exist with OMV on the network. For example, since OMV is headless, OMV requires access to port 80. (This means Dockers that also require access to port 80 will need extra configuration and/or tweaks.)

In any case, to get an idea or a feel of how to configure Dockers, take a look at this thread. -> Dockers Configuring Kodi is not among them but it may give you an idea of how to set up a Kodi container.

Dude... how did i miss that post. LOL. That's a good place to start. I will see if that helps me out and post back with my results in a day or so... looks promising though!

• Offizieller Beitrag

There are a few considerations with dockers and among them is getting the Docker container to co-exist with OMV on the network. For example, since OMV is headless, OMV requires access to port 80. (This means Dockers that also require access to port 80 will need extra configuration and/or tweaks.)

You can always change the OMV port and then use an nginx proxy docker to redirect port 80 to all of the dockers and OMV that want port 80.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

jwilder/nginx-proxy is the popular one.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I was able to get the docker setup and working. I was indeed configuring the network interface incorrectly. If you are using the default port you leave it in host mode and if you are needing to forward the port you use the Bridge; entering the IP of the machine in host IP, the new port in Host port and then select the application's port from the exposed ports.

I also did not have the container path setup correctly either. Once i realized that the default configurations paths show up if you just click in the container path box it made things much easier.

After configuring that I had to change a few settings in my guisettings.xml, advancedsettings.xml, and then upload my sources.xml from my other machine to get the library to start loading.

the linuxserver.io headless kodi doesn't have watchdog installed by default so I went into the userdata/plugins folder and copied the service.watchdog folder from a configured installation and dropped it into the userdata/plugins folder in the docker kodi. restarted kodi and went into the settings portion and watchdog appears in the settings. Turned it on and now it all works.

Now that i understand the actual mechanics of the docker plugin, setting up additional dockers is a piece of cake. I wish that with each plugin there would be a how to guide or a user manual to determine what the fields do, but it takes a lot of effort to develop and maintain so i get it. The docker plugin is pretty nice though and i really like it now that i get the setup steps.

• Want to post a big thank you for posting your solution. If you hadn't posted, I never would have thought to try what you did. Thanks so much!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!