Booting my Virtual serveur from USB. (for Virtualbox under W7.8.10).

• My two cents as i like to test omv in a virtual server while my new hardware is on the pipe ...

I you do an install for the last version 5.2.4 used the two package:
    VirtualBox 5.2.4 platform packages
    VirtualBox 5.2.4 Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension Pack

Start VBox for the first time and stop it.

Connect your USB stick to your Windows machine.

Press Windows Key + R, type diskmgmt.msc

search for your usb stick and remember the number allowed buy windows. --> #

open a Command Prompt as Administrator

CD's to your VirtualBox’s default installation directory

type VBoxManage internalcommands createrawvmdk -filename X:\the directorie of your choice\usb.vmdk -rawdisk \\.\PhysicalDrive# --> where X is your HDD drive letter and # your drive number.

This will create a vdk image link to your usb stick.

When creating your virtual machine, create the booting virtual hdd using the option "add existing disk" and point to X:\the directorie of your choice\usb.vmdk.

Done.

** warning ** Do not force a reboot by closing your virtualbox, this could screew your usb data, same for power outage !! **

• Offizieller Beitrag

You could look at vagrant. It works on Windows, OS X, and Linux. This will build the OMV VM for you and Volker even provides a vagrant file. Doesn't get much easier than this :)

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!