Upgrading from OMV3 to OMV4 when using Snapraid

• Hello everyone,

I've been looking through the forum but wasn't able to find a definite answer to my problem.
    I'm currently running OMV3 (3.0.96) and thinking about upgrading to OMV4. However, since I'm using Snapraid with mergerfs I'm not sure if I can just run omv-release-upgrade or if I have to take any precautions like disconnecting the hard drives or similar.
    Can anybody shed some light on this or refer me to some guide or wiki?

Thanks!

• Just run the upgrade, and from personal experience, if you disconnect your data drives the upgrade will not go well.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Disconnecting the data drives is a new installation recommendation because you are selecting where to install the OS. This does not apply to upgrades because there is no partitioning or formatting involved.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• How did the upgrade go? I've been thinking about updating also but wasn't sure how it would afftect my data and Plex server. Also how do you like the Snapraid/mergerfs set up? I'm wanting to set that up but, same thing, wasn't sure how it would affect my drives/data and plug-ins, mainly Plex.

• Did the update. No problems. Just omv-release-upgrade.

Snapraid/mergerfs set up. No unmounting/disconnect before update.

But always have a backup ready in case something goes wrong ;)

AsRock H270M-ITX/ac | Intel G4560 | 8GB DDR4 | 120GB Samsung SSD | 4x 6TB WD Red | Fractal Design Node 304 | OMV 4.x

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!