Announcement Solutions to common problems

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Solutions to common problems

Here is a list of problems with potential solutions (these videos may help as well):

Problem: Web interface has missing fields and/or items showing that have been uninstalled.
      Solution: Clear your browser cache.

Problem: I mounted the drive using the command line or GUI tool and I can't pick that drive in the shared folder device dropdown.
      Solution: Never mount a drive with anything other than the OMV web interface. This creates the necessary database entries to populate the device dropdown.

Problem: I only see a few items in the web interface like the user section of Access Rights Management.
      Solution: You did not login as the admin user. This is the only user that can access everything.

Problem: I get an error every time I post in the forum especially if it is a long post and/or has links to external pages.
      Solution: The error is deceiving. Please don't keep trying to post. The spam filter has flagged your post and it will need to be approved. Please be patient.

Problem: Samba is slow.
      Solution: Read these threads - Tunning Samba for more speed and Tuning Samba for more speed 2. These threads should not be necessary when using the pre-built arm images available on sourceforge since they already have optimized settings.

Problem: You see an error where a domain name/host could not be resolved
      Solution: You probably need to set your DNS server in System -> Network -> Interfaces

Problem: It says "No Network Interfaces" when looking at the console.
      Solution: Most of the time, this is caused by the system taking too long to get a DHCP IP address before the message is written. The adapter's address can be checked by logging in with any user (root is a good choice) and typing ip addr
      omv 4.1.4 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 backports kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.4
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

Please read this before posting a question.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

The post was edited 6 times, last by ryecoaaron ().