Nginx - name based site - address already in use

• Hi all,
    I just update to OMV 4.x, and i was facing an issue from nginx website config.

I have sites defined as name based server all listen to 443 with force https option. This config works for years on OMV 3.x, event 2.x.
    But since the update, nginx won't start with address already in use error. and i firure out that error is because of this configuration.

It seems that the nginx mkconf use an old config syntax, now deprecated.
    By editing the zzz-omv-nginx and comment the ipv4 listen directive, it works like a charm

Code
    server {
        #listen :443 ssl;
        listen [::]:443 ssl;
    }

Have you experience the same thing ?
    May I make a git issue ?

• I had the same error... The problem is the ipv6_enabled function inside helper-functions script file...

replace line 825 in /usr/share/openmediavault/scripts/helper-funcions for this line:
    [ -e /proc/net/if_inet6 -a $(cat /proc/net/if_inet6 | grep -v lo | wc -l) -gt 0 ] && return 0

If IPv6 is enabled only in loopback network the the function return that your system is configured only for IPv4...

This works for me!!!

• I had the same error... The problem is the ipv6_enabled function inside helper-functions script file...
    replace line 825 in /usr/share/openmediavault/scripts/helper-funcions for this line:
    [ -e /proc/net/if_inet6 -a $(cat /proc/net/if_inet6 | grep -v lo | wc -l) -gt 0 ] && return 0

If IPv6 is enabled only in loopback network the the function return that your system is configured only for IPv4...

This works for me!!!

For me it's not enought, the mkconf/nginx.d/90-nginx-server must be edited to drop the [ssl_]listen_ipv4

• Hi, I'm facing the same problem on my OMV 3 installation. I have a nextcloud instance that work with the nginx plugin. After the last upgrade, I was unable to apply configuration because of the same error.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!