Failure Sending Webcam Images by FTP

• Hi,

Yesterday I've installed OpenmediaVault on my Raspberry Pi, it works great, thanks for that!
    There’s only one problem, it’s similar to this thread: Failure Sending Webcam Images by FTP but I’m really new to OMV and Linux, and I don’t understand how the problem is solved.

I’ve created a shared folder and configure the user access, then I configure the FTP.
    I connect in my own LAN with FileZilla to the PI, I can login, I can access the created folder, I can read and write in that folder without any problem.
    I’ve a Foscam IP camera. FTP upload works fine with another FTP server, but not in OMV.
    Settings:
    Local LAN: 10.0.0.0 / 255.0.0.0
    IP OMV: 10.0.1.250
    IP CAM: 10.0.1.11
    Default Gateway: 10.0.0.1

Attached you can see some images, hopefully somebody can help me, so I can fix this.

• In the IP Camera Monitor System screenshot, is the it looks like the Pat is set to ./IPCAM (starting with a dot). Is that dot proper?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Yes, I cannot change it. When I remove it and replace it to /IPCAM, the dot is automatically set again and the Pat is ./IPCAM again. It works fine with the FTP on my Asus router. I’ve insert an USB, setup the FTP, configure the folder, setup the camera with the same, ./folder and it works. I cannot change or remote those dot.

• It could be a permission issue. Even if privilege is enabled for that user in that folder the owner and mod might not be correct.

Post here
    cat /etc/proftpd/proftpd.conf

Thank you, here's the output:

root@raspberrypi:~# cat /etc/proftpd/proftpd.conf
    Include /etc/proftpd/modules.conf
    LoadModule mod_vroot.c
    UseIPv6 on
    ServerName "raspberrypi"
    ServerType standalone
    DeferWelcome on
    MultilineRFC2228 on
    DefaultServer on
    ShowSymlinks on
    DisplayChdir .message true
    ListOptions "-l"
    MaxInstances 30
    DenyFilter \*.*/
    User proftpd
    Group nogroup
    Umask 000 000
    PersistentPasswd off
    TimesGMT off
    AllowOverwrite on
    AuthOrder mod_auth_pam.c* mod_auth_unix.c
    DefaultTransferMode ascii
    #SystemLog /var/log/proftpd/proftpd.log
    <IfModule mod_facl.c>
    FACLEngine on
    </IfModule>
    <IfModule mod_quotatab.c>
    QuotaEngine off
    </IfModule>
    <IfModule mod_ratio.c>
    Ratios off
    </IfModule>
    <IfModule mod_delay.c>
    DelayEngine on
    </IfModule>
    <IfModule mod_ctrls.c>
    ControlsEngine on
    ControlsMaxClients 2
    ControlsLog /var/log/proftpd/controls.log
    ControlsInterval 5
    ControlsSocket /var/run/proftpd/proftpd.sock
    </IfModule>
    <IfModule mod_ctrls_admin.c>
    AdminControlsEngine off
    </IfModule>
    <IfModule mod_vroot.c>
    VRootEngine on
    VRootLog /var/log/proftpd/vroot.log
    </IfModule>
    Port 21
    TransferLog NONE
    IdentLookups off
    UseReverseDNS off
    TimeoutIdle 0
    TimeoutNoTransfer 600
    TimeoutStalled 600
    PassivePorts 49152 65534
    DeleteAbortedStores off
    <Directory />
    HideFiles (welcome.msg)
    </Directory>
    <IfModule mod_vroot.c>
    VRootAlias "/srv/dev-disk-by-label-32GB/IPCAM" "IPCAM"
    </IfModule>
    <Directory /IPCAM>
    <Limit ALL>
    AllowUser OR ejvl
    DenyAll
    </Limit>
    <Limit READ DIRS>
    AllowUser OR ejvl
    DenyAll
    </Limit>
    </Directory>
    <IfModule mod_auth.c>
    DefaultRoot /srv/ftp
    MaxClients 5
    MaxLoginAttempts 3
    RequireValidShell off
    # This option is useless because this is handled via the PAM
    # pam_listfile.so module, so set it to 'off' by default.
    UseFtpUsers off
    </IfModule>
    <IfModule mod_auth_pam.c>
    AuthPAM on
    AuthPAMConfig proftpd
    </IfModule>
    <IfModule mod_ban.c>
    BanEngine off
    BanControlsACLs all allow user root
    BanLog /var/log/proftpd/ban.log
    BanMessage Host %a has been banned
    BanTable /var/run/proftpd/ban.tab
    </IfModule>
    DisplayLogin /srv/ftp/welcome.msg
    <IfModule mod_wrap.c>
    TCPAccessFiles /etc/hosts.allow /etc/hosts.deny
    TCPAccessSyslogLevels info warn
    TCPServiceName ftpd
    </IfModule>

• The trailing quote was left off. This is the correct command:

ls -la "/srv/dev-disk-by-label-32GB/IPCAM"

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Here's the output:

root@raspberrypi:~# ls -la "/srv/dev-disk-by-label-32GB/IPCAM"
    total 104
    drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 102400 Jan 13 16:38 .
    drwxr-xr-x 7 root root 4096 Jan 12 11:39 ..
    root@raspberrypi:~#

Today and yesterday I've put files manually in the folder, by Windows folder in File Explorer.

• Permissions look fine in the folder. Does the camera sw produce any logs ?

Unfortunately it's a very old IPCAM, a Foscam FI8602W.
    I've connected another IPCamera, a Foscam FI9831P, and there all works fine.
    So, OMV works great with FTP because the FI9831P works fine.

But I'm still wondering why the FI8602W does not work, and the mod_wrap error appears in OMV.
    For now, I've setup my Asus AC51u router as a FTP server, with a USB stick. The FI8602W push the images by FTP to the Asus. In OMV I use a plugin so I can see the shared folder off my Asus as a local shared folder in OMV, so I can use Rsync to push the images to OMV.

• Try turning on ident protocol. I had to select that to get my foscam C1 to talk to the ftp server. The folder also needed to be manually created with correct permissions for the camera's acct. I wouldn't be concerned about the dot. I'm guessing that's the linux current path reference.

• Try turning on ident protocol. I had to select that to get my foscam C1 to talk to the ftp server. The folder also needed to be manually created with correct permissions for the camera's acct. I wouldn't be concerned about the dot. I'm guessing that's the linux current path reference.

Could you explain how you manually created the folder with correct permissions? I'm running into a similar issue where it doesn't have list permissions. Thanks!

• I created a user called IpCameras that the cameras use as a login. That alone should provide a home directory with read/write. I also have a group called grpIPCAMERAS. I have my acct and the cameras acct as members of that group. I created a shared folder and gave that group read/write under priveleges and ACL.

FYI - I'm not a computer engineer and am fairly new to linux and downloaded OMV for the first time yesterday. I found this thread trying to solve the same problem without being able to get my cams to work. I'll help if I can, but I'm no expert. ;)

• Thanks for the reply. I did as you said, but just could never get it working. I just ended-up running samba and pureFTP from raspbian and it's working well, so I'm just going to go with that for now.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!