8 Core Processor

• I am in the processes of building a 3rd OMV machine (As an update for the first) I've built it using a Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3, with an AMD 8 core processor. However when the system boots up, first few lines are obviously errors, that I suspect are something to do with 8 cores, and the debian install not expect 8 cores. (however they are too fast for me to see them. Can anyobdy confirm what the errors are, and is there a fix??

• The "Pause" (break) Key on your keyboard is no joke, and useable everywehre.
    Hit it where the error apears and you can read it without problems. Hit enter if you want to continue.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have OMV installed on a couple of 8 core machines with no problems. You are using the amd64 version, right? Did OMV actually finish installing? If not, you could try installing Debian Squeeze that uses the backports kernel to begin with (here).

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Zitat von "davidh2k"

The "Pause" (break) Key on your keyboard is no joke, and useable everywehre.
    Hit it where the error apears and you can read it without problems. Hit enter if you want to continue.

Greetings
    David

Tried that several times before posting here, I'm just not quick enough. :oops:

• Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

I have OMV installed on a couple of 8 core machines with no problems. You are using the amd64 version, right? Did OMV actually finish installing? If not, you could try installing Debian Squeeze that uses the backports kernel to begin with (here).

Yeah it definitely looked like a clean install. I had to install a CD Drive, because it didn't like the USB stick, claiming there should be a CD drive part way through the install. Burnt a CD while I connected up a spare drive, and booted from that. From there it looked like a clean install.

I'll see if I can catch the error again. I was hoping it might be something common.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can't find the error in dmesg or /var/log/messages?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

You can't find the error in dmesg or /var/log/messages?

Doh never even thought to look there, even easier than that it was in the System Log on the web interface.

Code
    sysfs: cannot create duplicate filename '/devices/system/machinecheck/machinecheck1/threshold_bank5'
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Are you running 32 bit OMV?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would try the backports 3.2 kernel to see if it goes away.

Code
    echo "deb http://backports.debian.org/debian-backports squeeze-backports main non-free" >> /etc/apt/sources.list
    apt-get update
    apt-cache search linux-image-3
    apt-get -t squeeze-backports install linux-image-3.2.0-0.bpo.4-amd64 firmware-linux-free

• That's fixed it thanks.

Now to setup the 4x4TB drives in a RAID10, then copy the data across. Some things 8x4GHz and 32GB of RAM just doesn't help with. This is going to be one of those things. :roll:

At the moment it's sat onto of my filing cabinet, looking like a birdsnest. Once it's setup in it's new home, I'll take some photos.

• I'd like to seem them :D
    A real powerhouse you are setting up there...

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!