OMV3.0.94 Mounting existing disks - Physical disks and mount points

• Hi All,

New user here, I have just moved over to OMV from XPEnology due to wanting something not hacked together. XPEnology disks are EXT4 (with some weirdness thrown in for good measure) so I am able to mount them in OMV. I have 5 x 2TB disks which I have consolidated the data I want to keep onto 2 of them (listed as md124 and MD125 in the image). I now want to format the 3 other disks (listed as md126, md127 and dm-0)but I cannot figure out which disks are which because the mount point does not use the Physical device name listed in the Create File System Dialogue Box. Any suggestions how I can sort this out?

Another strange thing is when I reboot OMV the drives listed in the file system screen switch mount points so MD126 and MD127 in the above image have switched as you can see the label is different to the the device name but I had previously changed them to match using e2label. Any idea why this is happening or how to prevent it?

Thanks,
    Keith

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can show the mountpoint in the filesystem view.

Move the curser over the title row until you see a small arrow. Click the arrow and move to "collumn" now choose the additional collumns you like to see.

Drives are mounted in /srv/.

Have these drives been part of a RAID befor? What does the RAID Management View show?

• Perfect thanks.

Edit: Actually I still cant figure out which Physical disk is which as I can only add "mount point", "Identify As" and "Parent Device" none of which helps me identify the Physical disk unless I am missing something.

I guess strictly speaking they were each part of a raid 1 because of the way XPEnology works but they were individual raids for each disk.

Raid Managment shows

• If the device and devices columns in the above image are accurate then I can work out the drive in the create dialogue box below right? I want to wipe and format MD126 and MD127 so I need to use /dev/sda and /dev/sdd.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The output of cat /proc/mdstat will tell you what drives are in each array.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks, sorted now. I have one drive wiped and formatted and I will move the data from one of the data drives to that then do another and repeat the process until everything is right.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!