[How-to] Plex DB folder set in the GUI but not effective

• I have just installed OMV 4.x. My previous installation was 2.x where I had plex running for many years.
    I have backed up the Library folder and as soon as I've installed Plex onto the new system I've specified the old Library location to be on a data partition rather than system. So I was hoping it would pick up the existing DB.

Despite seen this set in the OMV GUI and in the OMV config file:

Code
    <plexmediaserver>      
    <db-folder>/srv/dev-disk-by-label-DATA/plexmediaserver</db-folder>   
    </plexmediaserver>

I got a warning via email from Plex while it was scanning the media. After a brief investigation I can see that the Library is instead created in the default Plex location:

Code
    /var/lib/plexmediaserver

So I've run a search:

Code
    find / -name *.service | grep plex
    /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/plexmediaserver.service
    /lib/systemd/system/plexmediaserver.service

The first one is a link to the second so you can edit either.

Basically once open modify the line

Code
    Environment="PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_APPLICATION_SUPPORT_DIR=/mnt/raid/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support"

With the actual Library location.

Restart Plex

HTH :)

• While what you did may have worked, your changes are vulnerable to being overwritten without any warning the next time PMS is upgraded.

The Official Plex sanctioned method to do this is described here:

https://forums.plex.tv/discuss…moving-pms-library#latest

I thought what is linked above is the way the plugin does this, but I do not know for sure. It's this way on my system.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gderf ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!