Destroyed file system?

• hello again,

I tried testdisk a lot of times with different settings. It couldn't find the filesystem or just showed some sectors with data and described them as "damaged".

After all the guys could restore the whole filesystem incl. folder structure so I'm quite happy and had to pay some "Lehrgeld" ;)

The next days I will clean up the disks completely, re-install the RAID and copy back all the data.

Cheers

• Glad you got your data back. Who did it in the end? Data recovery company? I’m not completely familiar with the term “Lehrgeld” but I assume you mean a rather high fee.

On another note, do you have support for ECC on your box? May I suggest ZFS as a far superior soft RAID.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Glad you got your data back. Who did it in the end? Data recovery company? I’m not completely familiar with the term “Lehrgeld” but I assume you mean a rather high fee.

Yes, recovery company could retrieve the data. "Lehrgeld" is the money young people had to pay during their apprenticeship here in Germany. Nowadays it's a saying and describes perfectly what happened to me.

I checked the extras in OMV and installed the zfs plugin after reading this one: Is ZFS supported in Kernel 4.13?
    Had the same Issues as "Blabla" but everything went smooth after adding contrib to the sources. Thx!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!