mdadm: no arrays found in config file or automatically

• Hi all!

I've got the same issue, fresh OMV 5 install under Proxmox VM. I have a bit more complicated hardware: two pass-through 8TB HDDs and two pass-through 8TB USB HDDs (for backup). After a lot of research, this is what solved the issue for me:

Code
    # echo 'RESUME=UUID=<the UUID of your boot drive here>' > /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/resume
    # mdadm --detail --scan >> /etc/mdadm.conf
    # omv-salt deploy run mdadm
    # update-initramfs -u
    # update-grub

Then reboot OMV. That's it! Hope it could help someone else.

• Hi all!

I've got the same issue, fresh OMV 5 install under Proxmox VM. I have a bit more complicated hardware: two pass-through 8TB HDDs and two pass-through 8TB USB HDDs (for backup). After a lot of research, this is what solved the issue for me:

Code
    # echo 'RESUME=UUID=<the UUID of your boot drive here>' > /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/resume
    # update-initramfs -u
    # update-grub

I have just tried that and I'm getting the same problem over and over.

I'm running OMV5 latest ISO with only a NVME plugged as my drive OS, when I install I can reboot and all good but if I do apt upgrade then the grub reconfigures causing this issue (I guess)

I don't get to boot I get busybox

• Hi all!

Code
    # update-initramfs -u
    # update-grub

This worked for me

• Hello everyone, I have a question related to this topic because installing OMV5 on a USB-stick as boot disk (from another USB-installer-stick) still produces this "mdadm: no arrays found in config file or automatically" appearing upon boot (alongside some other error). Even on the very first boot after installation (and insists, despite omv-upgrade to latest).

The contents of my /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/resume file have just the swap partition UUID which, upon installing the flash plugin has to be removed (per instructions) to "avoid mdadm errors" so not sure if the method posted yorgabr can work on USB-boot-disks?

Moreover, following the flash-plugin instructions (which are a little unclear to me after step 4/5) did not solve this error.

Your kind advice is very welcome; I fear yorgabr method above is not or cannot be used for non-RAID and flash-plugin-installed systems, correct? I am using a small Intel NUC with 1xSATA (AHCI) port drive for data only, and installed OMV5 on a USB-stick-as-boot-drive. Thanks.

OpenMediaVault 6.9.13-1 • Intel NUC NUC6CAYH • Intel Celeron J3455 • 2x4GB RAM • Samsung 870 QVO 4TB • USB Boot (System)

• This error will appear once, even after making the suggested changes. If the changes are not made it has been my experience that he error will appear a about a dozen times before the boot continues.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Hi everyone, I am running OMV 6.5.4-1 (Shaitan) on a small Intel NUC that has an internal 4TB SATA and have been booting the system from a Samsung Fit USB flash disk. All was OK, but recently I wanted to connect an external USB storage drive, adding to OMV's capacity.

Now, with both USB disks attached on NUC (and legacy boot priority set in BIOS) the OMV6 server boots from the expected OS flash disk, but after the blue GRUB screen, I keep getting 14 times mdadm: no arrays found in config file or automatically before the system seemingly starting and initialising the LAN driver etc. reaching the login screen later than previously.

I tried the solution above by ppfdez but it did not work, upon reboot.

Then tried what yorgabr posted, and worked. Not sure if the missing file /etc/mdadm.conf was to blame, in any case the one created on my system is zero content/value/bytes. Empty i.e. command mdadm --detail --scan yields no output (perhaps it's expected).

File /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/resume contains the UUID of the swap partition, always.

Upon reboot, I now get this mdadm: no arrays found in config file or automatically error once, maybe twice and that's it.

Just my 2 cents on OMV6. Thanks again to everyone.

OpenMediaVault 6.9.13-1 • Intel NUC NUC6CAYH • Intel Celeron J3455 • 2x4GB RAM • Samsung 870 QVO 4TB • USB Boot (System)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!