Installation with Intel M.2 PCIE SSD fails while partitioning

• Hello forum people, here is a new member at start;)

I now with OMV after many years of Synology and previously FreeNAS.
    Unfortunately, I have a problem installing on my new server.

There is an AsRock Rack C236 motherboard with Xeon and 16GB ECC RAM in.
    SSD: Intel Optane 16GB, M.2 PCIe 3.0.

In the first week of january i've tried to solve this problem, without success :(
    I made a thread in another forum, but nobody could help me there, so i switched to FreeNAS :evil:
    These installation was done in 5min...

Now, i had worked some time with FreeNAS and i have to say that these OS is not that what i'm searching for.
    Therefor i'll take a look to OMV again. It looks be great in my running VM, now.
    My Problem is, that OMV4 is not able to partition the SSD while setup is running.
    OMV is showing an error text like "The found storage have not enough space to partitioning it".
    After pressing ESC and select the recognize storage there it will be display:
    "More than one storage device has been detected" -> Only the SSD is inserted and the OMV image via IPMI.
    After OK there comes "No Root partition selected, please use the partition menu to get it solved".
    After OMV4 installation i have tested debian itself on the NAS.
    The installation is running properly after i have partition the SSD manually.
    In automatic mode, debian get out the same error message like OMV4.

Or is the 16GB PCIE Disc not compatible with OMV4?

The "old" thread is here, which you can use to get an overview.

The hdd data are saved and the installation can begin;)

Hope you can give me some tips to let it run on my NAS, tool.

Greetings, Björn

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!