Docker Containers Read/Write Access to Synology (NAS) Shared Folders/Files

• Hi Everyone...

My plan was simple, so I thought. Little background. I purchased a Synology DS2413+ (NAS) three years ago. I installed quite a few apps (SABnzbd, Sonarr, Mylar, etc...) with all the respective media defined in shared folders. It works, bu because of the hardware constraints, it was to taxing to have more than two apps running at a time. My plan is to build a small miniPC to house OMV and use docker containers for all the automated programs. I want to keep Synology for file storage only, for everyone on my network.

I'm not new to using SABnzbd, Sonarr, etc, but I am new to OMV and Docker. I've set up OMV temporarily on VMWare Worksation Pro, just to understand the setup and usage before I move on to building a stand alone miniPC. The setup of OMV and Docker went quite well. I setup virtual hard drives in VMWare to make sure all my setting were working. Everything worked perfectly.

Where I am running into problems is when I start pointing Docker containers to the Synology shared folders. Permission errors from all the containers. I've double checked all permissions for all the folders and files on Synoogy that I want the containers to access and still no luck. I've added the correct PUID and GUID to the containers, but the moment I go to save the new default folders I get "can't write to..."

I've also used the Remote Mount plugin and same errors.

I may be new to OMV and Docker, but I have used Linux and have no problems with command line and config edits, etc...

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Much appreciated

• Thanks again for your help. Had some time to test things out. I added the network share folder using remote mount...no problems. I then added the shared folder in the docker container (/srv/...). The problem is after I save, then go back into the container settings, the network folder is changed to read only. I switch it off, but it keeps changing it back to read only.

Any thoughts?

• Excellent! Thanks again for your help...really appreciated. The setup of OMV and docker containers was actually quite simple, but it's the mapping and permissions that was throwing me. I'll make some adjustments later and let you know

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!