Firewall Config for Plex Agents/Mediascanner

• Hello!
    first of all: Thank you for what you have been doing with OMV in the last years.
    I am quite new to debian linux, but understand some concepts an feel well inside the environment. Actually I have no clue in using/administering it xD

• I installed OMV 4.0.14 and updated to 4.0.16 with the update management
    • I tried to install plex via OMV, which did not work, so I used the current 1.10.x version from Plex Homepage
    • I setup the firewall according to those tables: https://forum.openmediavault.o…xample-of-OMV-s-firewall/
    • Everything works fine with the INPUT / OUTPUT reject all rules at the end besides two things:

• With the input reject all active I cannot add media libraries. The language drop down is not active, some agents fail etcp
      • With the output reject all active the media data cannot be retrieved

Here is a screenshot of my plex entries of the firewall. I also have an output rule for source port 5353

I tried to find port information for Plex Agents and Media Scanners, but was not succesfull in doing it.
    Does anyone know?
    My current solution is: Keep it open until media library is built for the first time, but that is not really what I want. :)

Best regards,
    Daniel

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!