SMB Share Permissions

• HI All,
    I have in installation of NextCloud with the data Directory path @ /srv/dev-disk-by-id-md-name-openmediavault-Raid5Array/NextCloudData

I would like to make an SMB share to that path so I have an alternative way of accessing the files outside of nextcloud.

First I create a share

Then I create the SMB share

The user "Haris" is part of the following groups

When I browse to SMB share in windows

My credentials Don't work...

• Did you set ACL and Privileges?

Keep in mind, adding files through Samba into the nexcloud/owncloud data folder does NOT pass them through to your nextcloud, because the entries in database are missing. Try to use the official sync-client or WebDAV instead to share within your network, so files can be added and you do not result in a faulty database<->folder relation.
    Read only access to your files is possible and works, but would not recommend it. Too risky messing up your database.

Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought.
    It always defeats order, because it is better organized.
    Terry Pratchett

• I face the same issue, SMB is not working on share created on Nextcloud folder.

The nextcloud folder is 770, maybe try changing it to 775

For me permissions seems not to be the problem, as other shares work perfectly with 770.

Read only access to your files is possible and works, but would not recommend it. Too risky messing up your database.

WebDAV is very slow and therefore annoying. For my purposes I only would like to have read only access with Samba, but I do not know how it can mess up the database.

• Did you set ACL and Privileges?

Keep in mind, adding files through Samba into the nexcloud/owncloud data folder does NOT pass them through to your nextcloud, because the entries in database are missing. Try to use the official sync-client or WebDAV instead to share within your network, so files can be added and you do not result in a faulty database<->folder relation.

Yes It is deff an Issue with the FS permissions. Its good you mentioned that files added outside nextcloud might cause DB corruption. OK Thanks for the feedback. :) I did get it up an running via changing chmod 770 on the "haris" folder.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!