my NAS with Asrock J3455-ITX

• Just want to introduce my NAS, I´ll make it short - english is not my language
    The Asrock MB was not the best choice I guess, really difficult to setup for me (not much experience with Linux) and I ran into a lot of troubles during setup, this Forum gave me a lot of help just by searching :)
    But thats the fun with building something on your own.
    The Case is rather big, not a Problem for me, it has a lot of space inside and everything stays cool and silent.
    I use it as Mediaserver for KODI with WOL and Autoshutdown

OMV = 4.0.16-1 (4.14.0.bpo.2-amd64)
    Case = Thermaltake Versa H15
    MB = Asrock J3455-ITX
    RAM = Crucial 8GB Kit (4GBx2) DDR3L 1600 MT/s (PC3L-12800)
    SSD = (old) 64GB Crucical via USB3 Adapter (Sabrent USB 3.0 zu SSD)
    PSU = PicoPSU-90 12V
    HDD = 2x WD RED 4TB 1x WD RED 8TB (need to buy another 8TB)

• Nice and easy setup, but huge tower for such a tiny build.

I like your SSD carrier! :D

Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought.
    It always defeats order, because it is better organized.
    Terry Pratchett

• I run an Asrock AM1H-ITX with Athlon 5350 Quadcore and 16 GB of RAM with 3x6 TB WD Red and an 32 GB SSD (SLC USB), 2 chassis fans with an 90W laptop powersupply attached directly to the mainbaord. The drives get their power through the board, there is a SATA-power header. I assambled my power cable by myself due to the fact, that you can only buy ones with 1->2 not 1->3 setup. Works like a cham. My build

Terry Pratchett

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von riff-raff ()

• myscha: Do you use your setup headless? 21W vor 2 drives with this board is moderat, but could be lower. Did you deactive the soundchip within UEFI? Do you use DDR3L SO-Dimms? Whats your power supply? Does UEFI offer a voltage adjustment?

Terry Pratchett

• I am Sorry, I cant measure the power consumption, guess I should buy something for that.
    I use the PicoPSU90 together with an "Leicke NT33402 Netzteil 90W" from amazon, and until now there where no Problems with the Power (even with 4 Harddrives)

The MB itself is not perfect, still give me strange errors, but until everything works like i should i will try to ignore it :)

2018-01-20T07:40:28+0100 server kernel: mce: [Hardware Error]: Machine check events logged
    2018-01-20T07:40:28+0100 server kernel: mce: [Hardware Error]: CPU 0: Machine Check: 0 Bank 4: a600000000020408
    2018-01-20T07:40:28+0100 server kernel: mce: [Hardware Error]: TSC 0 ADDR fef13b80
    2018-01-20T07:40:28+0100 server kernel: mce: [Hardware Error]: PROCESSOR 0:506c9 TIME 1516430428 SOCKET 0 APIC 0 microcode 2c
    2018-01-20T07:40:28+0100 server kernel: Enabling non-boot CPUs ...

• With my j3455-itx I've 18W idle with 2 older data HDD's and a msata system SSD.

I'm also interested in power optimisations from the bios, may be we can share our bios screens or if there a tool available to get this.

The kernel mce error is the same on my system. This error comes only after a cold boot. After a warm boot,
    f.e. wake up from ethernet after sleeping, there is no error. I think we need a new bios for a solution, or we live with that error.

• myscha: Do you use your setup headless? 21W vor 2 drives with this board is moderat, but could be lower. Did you deactive the soundchip within UEFI? Do you use DDR3L SO-Dimms? Whats your power supply? Does UEFI offer a voltage adjustment?

No it's not headless. I also installed XFCE, but about 99.5% of the time there won't be anyone using it.
    Sound is active.
    DIMMs are low-power ones (2pcs.).
    The power-supplies came with my Chenbro ES34069: a FSP180-ABA for AC=>19V and an internal PCB for 19V => 12V/5V/3.3V.
    I'll check the UEFI settings later.

How or where did you get that error message? Never noticed it anywhere.

• I have nearly the same messages, but no problems up to now.

There is no possibility to adjust the CPU voltage in the UEFI. Only the RAM voltage and that's already set to minimum. It allows only 1.5V and 1.35V

• Sorry for the bad quality, cant make it better

Hi Felix, late but not to late i checked your and my bios configurations each other, I had no display and keyboard connected until now.

differences are:

- I've only one 8 GB DD3-1600 memory module, that's why system is running in single channel mode.
    - in the advanced section I've enabled VT-d

There is a new beta BIOS available under ASUS J3455 BETA BIOS

• I had the same problem with Asrock j3455. It is fixed after upgrading the BIOS to version 1.80 and installing EFI boot (I'm using openmediavault 4 installed from debian).

• I had the same problem with Asrock j3455. It is fixed after upgrading the BIOS to version 1.80 and installing EFI boot (I'm using openmediavault 4 installed from debian).

sry to bring that up again.

my build with j3455 is going to crash - didn't find the real reason (memtest is runnng at the moment but looks like ram is ok)
    system worked around 2 1/2 years on deb8 omv3. i upgrade to deb10 omv5 (with new ssd) and bios update to 1.80.

i don't see this error bevor, but also never got a problem - last omv3 shutdown was after a uptime of around a year. know it crashed 2 times - at the 1st crash it beeps 5 short times and wasn't to bring up again until reset - after grup i need to press ctrl+d to get in default mode - the drives were spinning arround (system ssd was sdc and the data disks also spin around like sdb now was sda and sdc sdb ...) --> reboot - again 5 beeps system came up the normal way - disks ok - system work ... ok ... so what can happens the best

but yesterday the same, (like the 1.st time, i was configuring a new docker and it was late in the night (don't know, have to look, was it also the night to sunday?) - same like befor - after reset ctrl+d was needed, disks spinn arround, after new reboot it looks ok - but - at this time sda4 wasn't mound correct (/home) so just start over again - looking good, sda4 back in place dockers running quite ok, but on boot (monitor was up at this time for diagnostics) i saw that mce: [Hardware Error] .. after little research (is was around 4:40 am) i just start memtest ...

so maybe someone can help me, or tell me what more infos needed?

backport from omv extras is installed

is my little lovley going to leave me?
    thx
    draddy

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!