nginx in conflict with webgui

• I am rebuilding (manually) an omv 1.x host in omv 3.x

on the 1.x host I had nginx installed to proxy requests to different services.

the config (in 1.x) looks like this:

the similar config in omv 3.x here doesn't work, as nginx doesn't come up with "address already in use". I wonder why?

• ok, the problem seems to be, that the nginx plugin produces this code in the zzz-omv-nginx config:

Code
    listen 443 ssl;
        listen [::]:443 ssl;

Why this isn't working is explained here. I wonder if this is a bug in the nginx plugin or a conflict with an OMV3 configuration? right now, after creating the proxy I need to manually edit /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/zzz-omv-nginx to get nginx up..

• Offizieller Beitrag

This is something that changed across nginx versions pretty sure this was working before in omv3

This definitely works on OMV3. It isn't a hard change for the plugin. I will try to get that out today.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I pushed out 4.0.1 to OMV 4.x repo.

I just reread the posts and is problem happening on an OMV 3.x system? I know it isn't broken on my OMV 3.x system. Maybe nginx from backports is being used?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

what I read skimming over my link inin post #2 it could be more of a networking problem in general which triggers this behaviour in nginx.

I will try these changes on my OMV 3.x system later today to see if it works. If it does, I wish push the changes to OMV 3.x.

• btw.. the creation of nginx reverse proxy websites is a bit tiresome, in the light of docker and a lot of services where we need these kind of proxies, maybe you can create an interface shortcut for creating a proxy or just filling in the usual options for it?

• Offizieller Beitrag

btw.. the creation of nginx reverse proxy websites is a bit tiresome, in the light of docker and a lot of services where we need these kind of proxies, maybe you can create an interface shortcut for creating a proxy or just filling in the usual options for it?

If you are using docker already, move the OMV web interface to a different port and use one of the nginx proxy dockers to create your proxy. It is much easier.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!