Deleted /var/cache or How do I reinstall the web-gui?

• Hey,
    as I was running out of diskspace on the systemdisk, I deleted everything in /var/cache - I now know that this was not a good idea...

I manually created /var/cache/openmediavault/ and /var/cache/openmediavault/archives - Afterwards apt-get was working again.

However, the web-gui is not working. I get the following message in the browser:
    Error #0:
    OMV\Exception: Failed to open file
    (filename=/var/cache/openmediavault/cache.omv\controlpanel\login_js.json,
    mode=w+). in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/file.inc:71
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/controlpanel/controlpanelabstract.inc(183): OMV\Json\File->open('w+')
    #1 /var/www/openmediavault/index.php(46): OMV\ControlPanel\ControlPanelAbstract->render()
    #2 {main}

Makes sense as cache.omv does not exist. However, even after creating this manually, the web-gui is not working. Also, the tools under omv-firstaid did not solve anything. I also tried the release-upgrade to version 4 which was available. No luck either.

How can I reinstall the web-gui? (And everything else that was in /var/cache/openmediavault/ that I might have lost...)
    Or what folders do I need to setup in /var/cache/ ?

Thanks for the help!

• I have the following in my /var/cache which totals 82MB of files.

60.3 MiB [##########] /apt
    12.0 MiB [# ] /apt-show-versions
    8.5 MiB [# ] /debconf
    1.4 MiB [ ] /man
    572.0 KiB [ ] /samba
    60.0 KiB [ ] /openmediavault
    36.0 KiB [ ] /fontconfig
    4.0 KiB [ ] /pm-utils
    4.0 KiB [ ] /ldconfig

I would expect the contents to be very specific to my machine and not usable for a recovery effort on another machine.

Hopefully someone else will chime in with better news.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Thanks for the quick reply. The biggest part - in MB - is the apt directory. But that is fine. It is just the downloaded archives that take up the space.

Could you post the details / contents of the openmediavault folder? Because that is causing the issues for me.

• Thanks, but that did not work out...

When I unpack the file, I see this:
    # ll openmediavault
    total 56K
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 13K Jan 12 16:51 CJ31DM~0
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 283 Jan 12 16:51 CRJR5D~1
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4.0K Jan 12 15:13 archives
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 31K Jan 12 15:13 currently_installed_packages.list

Is that the same that you see in your folder?

According to my error message, I am lacking the file "/var/cache/openmediavault/cache.omv\controlpanel\login_js.json"

I was really hoping to avoid a reinstall of openmediavault... Irgh.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!