Unable to select mounted device from dropdown

• Thanks for the feedback.
    How did you come up with this solution?

I googled around and tried different things, what ever i did I could not mount my device using webui and then i found the ntfsfix command and after i wrote that one i could now mount my device.

The next problem was that i couldn't see my device in shared folders, then i wrote omv-confdbadm read conf.system.filesystem.mountpoint and now i could see it.

Since im a noob to Linux, i don't know if this is the solution to his problem, but some how it worked for me after spending many days trying to figure this out.

• When I tried this, I got an error message:

"Refusing to operate on read-write mounted device /dev/sdb1."

Any other ideas?

Also, here's the response from my other command. Note: the Toshiba drive is working; the JMicron drive is not.

[{"opts": "defaults,nofail", "fsname": "/dev/disk/by-id/usb-TOSHIBA_External_USB _3.0_20171030011372F-0:0-part1", "uuid": "e7bad14a-ada4-40b6-960c-1759706266a9", "passno": 2, "dir": "/srv/dev-disk-by-id-usb-TOSHIBA_External_USB_3.0_201710300 11372F-0-0-part1", "hidden": false, "freq": 0, "type": "ntfs"}, {"opts": "defaul ts,nofail", "fsname": "/dev/disk/by-id/usb-JMicron_JMicron_DB987654321EF-0:0-par t1", "uuid": "9b110750-30b0-44b6-8f34-a7bb31f271f5", "passno": 2, "dir": "/srv/d ev-disk-by-id-usb-JMicron_JMicron_DB987654321EF-0-0-part1", "hidden": false, "fr eq": 0, "type": "ntfs"}]

• 3. /dev/sda1 - 1.82 TiB ntfs labeled "TOSHIBA EXT" - mounted:yes, referenced:no, status:online

I had the same problem where a volume would mount but not show up in the drop down lists in the WEB UI.

The NTFS volume that I had mounted contained a space in the label just as Donny's does in the quoted text above.

I unmounted and changed the volume label to remove the space, then remounted and voilà, problem solved.

Hope this helps someone.

PS: ntfslabel /dev/sdxxx newlabel

• Just curious - is this still an issue in OMV4? Or has it been addressed?

I have two NTFS partitions on one USB connected HDD with a space in the label ("Loki 01" and "Loki 02") and that is one problem I don't have (enough others, but those are not germane to this discussion), so I'd say that problem has been addresses satisfactorily.

• I had the same problem, but was able to "unmount" and "mount" from the webUI. (My drive was being auto-mounted by the desktop Raspberry PI OS). I did need to remove spaces from the filesystem name. To do this, I temporarily connected the drive (NTFS) to my Windows 10 machine. Now it seems to work fine.

• Offizieller Beitrag

My drive was being auto-mounted by the desktop Raspberry PI OS)

One of the reasons, why it is not recommended to use OMV on an OS with desktop environment. OMV and the desktop are doing the same thing in different ways which will cause issues sooner or later.

connected the drive (NTFS)

Also not recommended to use NTFS for a permanent storage. Better to use LINUX filesystems like ext4 which handle ownership and permissions the LINUX way.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!