TeamviewerHost - benötige Hinweise zur Verwendung - need instructions for use

• Hallo alle,

ich habe das Plugin TeamviewerHost installiert und aktiviert. Ich mache unter Windows relativ viele Teamviewersitzungen mit Mitgliedern unseres Rentner-Computerclubs. Nun möchte ich gern irgendwo nachlesen, ob dafür das Plugin möglicherweise nützlich sein kann. Ich kann bisher nichts finden, wo die Wirkungsweise dieses Plugins beschrieben wird und bitte deshalb um Hinweise.

Vielen Dank und freundliche Grüße.

Hello everyone,

I have installed and activated the plugin TeamviewerHost. I do a lot of TeamViewer sessions with members of our Retiree computer club on Windows. Now I would like to read somewhere, if for the plugin can be useful somehow. I can not find anything else, where the operation of this plugin is described and therefore please for guidance.

Thank you and best regards.

2 BananaPi, 1 OrangePiPC+, 1 OrangePiPC with OMV 6.0.x

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von omavoss () aus folgendem Grund: typo

• Offizieller Beitrag

The plugin allows you to use teamviewer to login to a machine like you were sitting at the keyboard and monitor (like ILO on a server).

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• @ryecoaaron
    OK, ich logge mich mit Teamviewer von einem entfernten PC auf dem OMV ein.
    Dann sehe ich auf dem entfernten PC dasselbe Bild wie als hätte mich über Putty eingeloggt. Ich möchte aber bitte die Benutzeroberfläche des OMV sehen. Kann das funktionieren und falls ja, wie geht das?

Danke und viele freundliche Grüße.

OK, I log in with teamviewer from a remote PC on the OMV.
    Then I see the same picture on the remote PC as if I had logged in via Putty. I would like to see the user interface of the OMV. Can this work and if so, how does it work?

Thanks and many greetings.

2 BananaPi, 1 OrangePiPC+, 1 OrangePiPC with OMV 6.0.x

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von omavoss ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

You would have to install a desktop environment to do that but I recommend against doing that.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• LXDE is for low end computers, Xfce too ... https://wiki.debian.org/LXDE and https://wiki.debian.org/Xfce
    or the GNOME ...

• OK, ich logge mich mit Teamviewer von einem entfernten PC auf dem OMV ein.
    Dann sehe ich auf dem entfernten PC dasselbe Bild wie als hätte mich über Putty eingeloggt.

OK, I log in with teamviewer from a remote PC on the OMV.
    Then I see the same picture on the remote PC as if I had logged in via Putty.

Genial!!! Genau das suche ich.

Kannst du beschreiben, wie du das hingekriegt hast?

That's oexactly, what i'm looking for. Could you please describe, how you managed to do this?

Grüße

• Having a desktop environment on omv has been disabled in recent builds. Do not try to install one.

What are you really after? Don't you just need the web ui?

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Having a desktop environment on omv has been disabled in recent builds. Do not try to install one.

What are you really after? Don't you just need the web ui?

Hi Zoki,

as i told before, i really don't need a desktop environment or web ui from remote.

User Omavoss seems to have found the solution, when he writes:

Zitat

Then I see the same picture on the remote PC as if I had logged in via Putty.

• That's oexactly, what i'm looking for. Could you please describe, how you managed to do this?

as i told before, i really don't need a desktop environment or web ui from remote.

After all, you need or not... It's best if you don't use X + OMV on the same box. Per official recommendations from the OMV team.

There is a solution but... officially not recommended / supported and strongly discouraged! We just discussed this topic... OMV 6.0.8 + xrdp

I withdrew from publishing this solution to respect the official position of the OMV team.

• Thank you,JohnStiles,

and again: i do not neet something like that, so i don't understand, why this topic came up again. I just want to know, how Omavoss managed to

Zitat von Omavoss

... see the same picture on the remote PC as if I had logged in via Putty

If nobody knows, that's no problem. I have to access by a windows PC with in the same network using teamviewer, then.

Thank You

• Well i think, Omavoss meant, that only a normal text console is shown. And that is exactly what i need. I want to type bash commands, like OmaVoss managred to do.

• Offizieller Beitrag

For this you only need Putty or PowerShell or cmd on windows and connect via ssh to the server. On Linux any terminal/konsole will do

Check the new user guide how to connect via ssh

https://openmediavault.readthe…r_guide/newuserguide.html

• Stating exactly how to do something in this desktop case can be a problem. :) This was discussed elsewhere. And despite my sincere intentions without any bad intentions, it turns out that I should not give users such solutions on a tray. Because later, apparently, only problems arise from it...

I will simplify... You don't want remote desktop, only shell / terminal?

Then use putty on the windows machine and connect to your OMV box. Then you have full control of the OS from the shell. https://www.chiark.greenend.or…gtatham/putty/latest.html

There are also shells via the web... but you don't really need these. ;) But what this teamviewer is for in this case, I do not know. ;)

Unless you want graphical access to your OMV box from a windows machine. But then we go to the forbidden areas where you need to install X and rdp and this, as I wrote earlier, is not ok with the official policy of OMV.

:)

• Zitat

I will simplify... You don't want remote desktop, only shell / terminal?

Yes, exactly. My solution by now is: Installing putty (or - in my case - mobaXterm) on a windows-machine in the same network. So the windows-machine has an ssh-access to the omv-machine and also the windows-machine allows a teamviewer-acces from remote.

I was just wondering, if there is a way to do this, without needing a 2nd pc for teamviewer

• Yes, exactly. My solution by now is: Installing putty (or - in my case - mobaXterm) on a windows-machine in the same network. So the windows-machine has an ssh-access to the omv-machine and also the windows-machine allows a teamviewer-acces from remote.

I was just wondering, if there is a way to do this, without needing a 2nd pc for teamviewer

Everything is possible. :)

The easiest way to do this is to login directly from the machines to omv via ssh.

You have several options...

Expose SSH to the world, hide behind a firewall, vpn.
    Use a web shell, hide behind a firewall, vpn.
    Use for example ZeroTier.
    Set ssh/vpn tunnel from omv to external host, some cheap vps.

If you connect from the Internet and you have a fixed IP address / addresses on those hosts, you can risk exposing sshd to the world, but limited firewall only to a specific IP and block everything else. However, this is not the safest method in theory.

A similar but slightly different solution is web-shell.
    Only here you expose your web server to the world instead of sshd.
    The web-shell can be additionally hidden with authorization in nginx itself.

On the other hand, the solution based on ZeroTier does not require opening to the world, only the omv machine will connect to the outside.

The ssh / vpn tunnel setup to an external server that will be reachable from each host avoids direct exposure of the omv machine to the world. And you connect to this server and there through the tunnel you have access to your lan / box

Or you can put a vpn server on omv machine and put out to the world instead of ssh / web, only VPN will be exposed then set up a tunnel to it and you are in lan / box.

You can also set up the reverse shell from the omv box to some of your host on the internet, only here on pc you must either have a fixed ip or use dynamic dns and listen to the communication from the server. But in this case, you do not expose your services to the world from the box. And the exposure time of your pc can be strongly limited and if you have the same IP address at home, which is always used by the omv box, you can also set the firewall on the remote pc accordingly.

Of course there are problems like NAT on the way, and the appropriate ports must be reachable...

Whatever the solution, the principle is always the same.

1. Host-A must connect directly to Host-B
    2. Host-B must connect directly to Host-A
    3. Host-A needs to connect to an intermediate service, and so does Host-B

As for TeamviewerHost, the OP was talking about a plugin. But it probably doesn't exist anymore in 6.

Is it possible to install teamviewer on linux host, is. Only usually in this case is X referred to on such a server. Can teamviewer run in server mode without X and pass only cli...

https://community.teamviewer.c…-graphical-user-interface

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!