Windows 7 Access

• I have OMV running on a Raspberry Pi. I am able to command-K on my mac and log into shared folders with passwords easily enough. I have no idea how to do it on Windows 7. I read a lot of posts on this and other forums and I must be missing something. Should be easy to connect? I am a Mac guy and not great with Windows, but do I have to be? More to the point, how do I do it?

• First, samba/cifs must be enable on omv.

Then, samba/cifs share must be created. They could be the same as the NFS share ...

Then, on win7/8/10, use the "network" tab inside the file browser to access the share OR under "MY PC" use "connect a network drive".

• First, samba/cifs must be enable on omv.

Then, samba/cifs share must be created. They could be the same as the NFS share ...

Then, on win7/8/10, use the "network" tab inside the file browser to access the share OR under "MY PC" use "connect a network drive".

Yes I did that on my initial setup. Works on Mac.

• Referencing this thread:

https://forum.openmediavault.o…rouble-shooting/?pageNo=1

I tried the following from two of the contributors:

“Control Panel>>>Networking and Sharing Center ensure that Network discovery is turned and if necessary file and print sharing this is done under Advanced sharing settings. Back to Network and Sharing click on connections this will either be Ethernet or Wireless, Click on Properties, Select (TCP/IPv4) and click on properties, bottom right hand corner click on advanced, selecl the WINS tab and you will see the NetBIOS setting this is always set to Default and if you read the info it needs changing to the option Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP.

So if you have done all that on your windows machine omv will require changes to the network settings: Domain name needs to be the same as the windows workgroup, click save then apply changes, under interfaces double click on the network displayed (mine is eth0, scroll down and under dns settings add the dns which is usually your router but check your windows machine.

If all that is set OMV should appear on the windows network, if not you should at least be able to use OMV's ip address or hostname from within file explorer without a network error....this was so much simpler in the days netbeui.”

Above from Geaves, then this from Subzero79:

“Make sure the workgroup is the same in windows as configured in the samba server.

Check the network type configuration in windows (public, work or home). I think public disables netbios.

If smbd is running make sure nmbd is also running. This is very important as this is the binary that makes the announce to windows possible. In Jessie Debian ships this as two separate systems units.

Another samba server in the network. If you have an openelec/libreelec or any other server also using samba in the same network segment, turn it off temporarily.”

I additionally deinstalled Mullvad VPN. Then the workgroup server appeared. However the upload transfer speeds are unusable at approximately 55KB/s, and when testing would always lose connection to the workgroup. With the vpn installed and connected, transfers run slightly faster. Mac computers are working satisfactorily as they were before.

It seems like this issue is not resolved. If I am chasing my tail let me know. My intention was to get away from Dropbox, but it looks like that might not be possible.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!