Nginx module (openmediavault-nginx 4.0.1) not running properly

• After enabling the module openmediavault-nginx 4.0.1 and setting up a PHP pool, a server to listen on port 8083 and activating the nginx, nothing happens. Calling my NAS IP with port 8083 shows not up my configured website. Instead it prints out the common firefox message "Connection failed". Whats wrong?

I'm running latest OMV4 with PHP7.0

• The zzz-omv-nginx file in the sites-available folder contains no entries for "listen 8083" only the IPv6 part "listen [::]:8083". If I add this manually and reboot the NAS the website shows up. But if I disable the nginx module in the OMV gui and enable it again the pages once again are not reachable, the config file has been rewritten and the "listen 8083" entry is missing again.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I made this change in response to another thread discussing that the ipv4 listen is not need on a system with ipv6 enabled. I guess I will have to revert this change until we can find something better. 4.0.2 is in the repo now.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Same here.I spend almost whole weekend brainstorming why my web is down. I will check 4.0.2 when I will be back home. Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

I did a complete reinstall of OMV (including openmediavault-nginx 4.0.2). Now everythings works again as expected.

Why would you reinstall everything? 4.0.2 reverted the changes.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• @subzero79 I have shared some information in https://forum.openmediavault.org/index.php/Thread/21456-OMV4-nginx-issue-when-tring-to-install-nextcloud-12/?postID=165945#post165945. I will be able to share more in the evening, just write me what information do you need in particular.

link is dead! but this one is good: OMV4, nginx issue when tring to install nextcloud 12

So far, i have manually done ( not using any nginx plugins ) all the install of nextcloud 12.0.4 but it crash at the end, just after asking to create a admin. I end up on a 404 pages "no files"
    The mysql nextcloud base is populated ... i am stuck in water

• Hi. Same for meI have not been able to find info on how to solve it

My environment:

• Odroid HC1 (new, just received last week). Installed old SATA
    • OMV4 specific image from 2018-06-03. (Reinstalled a few times, to try to have nginx clean and )running
    • Language set automatically to Spanish (in Spain)
    • Updates installed
    • Nginx 4.0.2 and Mysql 4.1.1 installed

System use:

• folder for computer backup
    • web server for home use (intranet).

Challenges:

• SMB performance initially bad. iperf showed 113Mbps. Reached Gbps only with new UTP cable (OMV4 default settings had nothing to do with the performance)
    • Web server. NOT WORKING for php, looks good with test html file. Tied both with www on SATA disk (/srv/dev-disk-by-label-HC1/www/) and at default path (/var/www/html/)

Debug info:

• getting '502 bad gateway nginx 1.10.3'
    • nginx server access log showing '502'
    • nginx server errors log showing 'unix:var/run/fpm-.sock failed (2 no such file or directory) while conneting to upstream, client (my_IP)...
    • Looking at '/etc/nginx/nginx.conf' , there are three 'includes

include /etc/nginx/modules-enabled/*.conf;
    include /etc/nginx/conf.d/*.conf;
    include /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/*;

• Looking at '/etc/nginx/sites-enabled/zzz-omv-nginx', there is some text to highlight: 'set socket "unix:/var/run/fpm-.sock";' (7th line), which seems to be the same path of the error seen in 'error log', and seems to lack some random text after 'fpm-'. Probably (not sure how it works) the same as the access an the error logs.
    • content of 'sites available':

server {

listen 80;
      listen [::]:80;
      set $root_path "/srv/dev-disk-by-label-HC1/www";
      root $root_path;
      index index.html index.php;
      set $socket "unix:/var/run/fpm-.sock";
      location ~ \.php$ {
      include snippets/fastcgi-php.conf;
      fastcgi_pass $socket;
      }
      access_log /var/log/nginx/c519329a-5310-4e09-a3c8-a7f52249a982-access.log;
      error_log /var/log/nginx/c519329a-5310-4e09-a3c8-a7f52249a982-error.log;
      large_client_header_buffers 4 8k;
    }

It seems someting is not being generated

I think I am close, but I don't get it
    Thanks for any help

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!