no space at the system partition of OMV / Kein Speicherplatz auf der Systempartition verfügbar

• Hello,
    I am new here at this forum and I am from german. I use the OMV since 2 years. I build a PC with 1 SSD (120 GB) for the OMV System and 4 HDD (each 2TB) for the Data.
    Now I have the problem, that I can not connect over firefox to my OMV. Also the data drives at my network are not available. I can just connect via Putty to the OMV Server.

There I have looked and see that the /dev/sde1 is full. But 100GB full 8o ? I thought OMV did not need many space. A lot of people use it on a raspberry pi with not so much space...

Hope someone can help me. I am not a goog Linux user. So I need detail helps how I can get my data back or better how I can OMV System back to run without loosing data.

In the attachment you will find some pictures of the used datas:

Now again in German: :D

Ich benutze seit ca. 2 Jahren OMV. Ich habe mir einen PC mit einer SSD(120GB) für das OMV System und 4 HDD (je 2TB) für die Daten zusammengebaut.
    Jetzt habe ich das Problem, dass ich über Firefox nicht mehr auf die OMV Oberfläche komme. Auch über die Netzlaufwerke komm ich nicht mehr drauf. Nur über Putty kann ich mich noch verbinden.

Über Putty habe ich mal geschaut, und gesehen dass die /dev/sde1 voll ist. Also 100GB belegt. Kann das aber sein 8o ? Ich dachte, dass OMV nicht viel Speicherplatz benötigt. Einige Leute benutzen OMV sogar auf nem raspberry pi...

Ich hoffe jemand kann mir helfen. Ich bin kein guter Linux Benutzer. Also brauche ich detailierte Hilfe, wie ich meine Daten zurück bekomme (das was auf den 2TB platten drauf ist). Oder noch besser, wie ich OMV reparieren kann, dass es wieder läuft.

Im Anhang findest du einige Bilder von dem verbrauchten Speicherplatz.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You have to look at the files to see what is filling them.
    But I am not sure how to view such larges files.
    Maybe nano or less.
    The files with .gz at the end are compressed files. So use syslog and kern.log for the analysis.

• You have to look at the files to see what is filling them.
    But I am not sure how to view such larges files.
    Maybe nano or less.
    The files with .gz at the end are compressed files. So use syslog and kern.log for the analysis.

okay thank you maron.
    I have also no idea. maybe I can delete this files? If this are just log data, maybe the system do not need them?

• If this are just log data, maybe the system do not need them?

If kern.log and syslog are spammed at this rate there's something seriously wrong. These log files are there to be read/parsed and not ignored. So you better activate SSH login, then login via SSH (to be able to do copy&paste and stop posting screenshots but TEXT that is readable) and post the output from

Code
    tail -n 1000 /var/log/syslog | curl -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io
  • If kern.log and syslog are spammed at this rate there's something seriously wrong. These log files are there to be read/parsed and not ignored. So you better activate SSH login, then login via SSH (to be able to do copy&paste and stop posting screenshots but TEXT that is readable) and post the output from

Code
    tail -n 1000 /var/log/syslog | curl -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io

Thanks for helping tKaiser.
    Sorry I did not know, that I could copy paste the text from putty to this forum, so I made a screenshot xD

Your code did not work. "curl" are unknow. So I try without curl.
    Now I see about 54 pages of different notes of the syslog data.

but the most are the same. I post just a view, and hope you can tell me, what is wrong on my system:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Found this which seems to be related to your issue:

https://superuser.com/question…-gpe-method-floods-syslog

For others that might know more details: what is your hardware and post the output of uname -a as the issue might be fixed with a newer kernel version, so let's see which kernel you are running.

BTW you can install curl with apt install curl

• okay I look in this link.
    but first I post you what uname -r give out:

Code
    4.9.0-0.bpo.3-amd64

My System:

• Intel Pentium R CPU G4400 – 3,3GHz
    • 8GB DDR3 Ram
    • ASRock B150M Pro4S/D3
    • 120GB SanDisk Z410 2.5"
    • Linux 4.9.0-0.bpo.3-amd64
    • 4x 2000GB WD Red WD20EFRX
    • Offizieller Beitrag

I would delete the .gz files to get space on the drive. Seems you have enough messages left even if you delete the old ones ;)
    Then I would update the system with omv-update and then restart the server and check if the logs are still flushed.

• I would delete the .gz files to get space on the drive. Seems you have enough messages left even if you delete the old ones ;)
    Then I would update the system with omv-update and then restart the server and check if the logs are still flushed.

okay I will try this.
    delete the files with sudo echo "" /var/log/syslog right? This I found via google^^.

• With tail -f /var/log/syslog you can see the content of syslog in realtime. So you can easily see if the syslog is still flodded.

To finsh tail press Ctrl-c

I try this, and yes it still flooded:

• Offizieller Beitrag

If the update does not solve the flodding, try the workaround. To edit the /etc/rc.local use the command:

nano /etc/rc.local

Nano is a small text editor. You can finish nano with Ctrl-x. Then nano will ask you if you want to save the file.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!