Startup Script Help Request

• I'm attempting to run a Ventrilo server on my NAS which is running OMV. Unfortunately I'm Linux challenged. I've got Ventrilo installed and have setup a new user to run the process but I can't find which startup script file I need to insert autostart commands into.
    Any help to allow me to autostart Ventrilo using my additional user account would be appreciated.
    I have been following the setup instructions on the ventrilo forums here http://www.ventrilo.com/setup.php

The server can be launched manually but I want it to autostart with my NAS.

A suggested script I've found is below but where do I put it with OMV?

# Startup ventrilo servers.

VENPATH=/home/user
    VENBIN=$VENPATH/ventrilo_srv

ventrilo -c "$VENBIN -f$VENPATH/ventrilo_srv -d"

• You can put it into /etc/rcS.d/ but you need to add the correct Header, otherwise you will get erros.
    The Header needs to look like:

These are all comments, so its nearly irrelevant what you type in there.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Tekkebe I use both but Ventrilo is used more by my gaming buddies.

Thanks davidh2k for the reply, I have managed to get it working by adding the script to the rc.local file. It now works on boot, no problem.

• Good.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Zitat von "davidh2k"

You can put it into /etc/rcS.d/ but you need to add the correct Header, otherwise you will get erros.
    The Header needs to look like:

These are all comments, so its nearly irrelevant what you type in there.

Greetings
    David

Careful they may look like comments but they're only comments to bash, Required-Start for example ensures that any modules listed are started before this one.

Anyway pop over to http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/28 for a good start point

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!