Web interface/omv-firstaid inaccessible

• My OMV box has just started to behave oddly; while still listening to music via plex, I noticed that my samba shares were no longer accessible over the LAN, though the music continued to play. After some disconnecting my laptop from the LAN to try and get the shares back, I tried to reboot the server. Since that point, only shell access has been possible.

Tried running omv-firstaid via the CLI; it didn't load, and I got this error message:

Code
    /usr/sbin/omv-firstaid: 517: /usr/sbin/omv-firstaid: cannot create /tmp/omv-setup4232: No space left on device

This is what comes up in my browser when I try and access the server via the web interface.

Code
    Error #3008:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to load configuration (Fatal error 4: Document is empty (line=1, column=1))' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config.inc:580
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/env.inc(22): require_once()
    #1 /var/www/openmediavault/index.php(23): require_once('/usr/share/php/...')
    #2 {main}

This has got me completely stumped. Any idea what might be going on? Thankfully, I have a recent clone of the system drive, but I have no idea what can be causing this, or how to fix it.

Any ideas appreciated.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The error message points you directly to the problem: No space left on device

You have to check why your root device which contains the OS is full. After that you need to clean it up, otherwise your system won't work anymore.

• Thanks - that is really odd, given than the free space on the system drive last week was over 20GB. It doesn't seem normal for it to fill up that fast - if it had, would that indicate some kind of problem?

Given my lack of expertise in the CLI, is it likely to be easier just to restore a Clonezilla image?

• Have a look at this thread:

no space at the system partition of OMV / Kein Speicherplatz auf der Systempartition verfügbar

Maybe it’s also possible for you to locate the source. If you can’t connect by ssh, it may be possible for you to boot a live cd and check your omv disk with the commands from the above thread.

Greetings Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von hoppel118 ()

• Thank you, hoppel and votdev. In the end I did some poking around but decided that since I had a four day old clone of the system disk, that would be easier to restore. This will get me back to the point where I can then prepare for an upgrade to OMV 3 or 4.

Many thanks for your help.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!