No Webinterface after Upgrade to 3.X - 502 Bad Gateway (I cleared my browser cache)

• I have recently updated my OMV installation to version 3.16.0-5-amd64. After update I can still log in via SSH, can access my ftp-shares, yet the web-interface gives the message "502 Bad Gateway" and in the next line "Nginx". I have already cleared my browser cache and tested this from various devices, the result is always the same. The output of service nginx status is as follows:

● nginx.service - A high performance web server and a reverse proxy server
    Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/nginx.service; enabled)
    Active: active (running) since Mon 2018-01-22 08:53:12 CET; 6s ago
    Process: 1051 ExecStop=/sbin/start-stop-daemon --quiet --stop --retry QUIT/5 --pidfile /run/nginx.pid (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
    Process: 1059 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/nginx -g daemon on; master_process on; (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
    Process: 1055 ExecStartPre=/usr/sbin/nginx -t -q -g daemon on; master_process on; (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
    Main PID: 1064 (nginx)
    CGroup: /system.slice/nginx.service
    ├─1064 nginx: master process /usr/sbin/nginx -g daemon on; master_process on;
    ├─1066 nginx: worker process
    ├─1067 nginx: worker process
    ├─1069 nginx: worker process
    └─1070 nginx: worker process

Jän 22 08:53:12 openmediavault systemd[1]: Started A high performance web server and a reverse proxy server.

From a different thread I have seen that there might be an issue with omv service itself, and service openmediavault status gives the following:

● openmediavault.service - LSB: Basic initialization of the OpenMediaVault system
    Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/openmediavault)
    Active: active (exited) since Mon 2018-01-22 08:29:27 CET; 25min ago
    Process: 32546 ExecStop=/etc/init.d/openmediavault stop (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
    Process: 32549 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/openmediavault start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Jän 22 08:29:27 openmediavault openmediavault[32549]: Cleaning up...rm: das Entfernen von „/var/lib/php5/modules“ ist nicht möglich: Ist ein Verzeichnis
    Jän 22 08:29:27 openmediavault openmediavault[32549]: rm: das Entfernen von „/var/lib/php5/sessions“ ist nicht möglich: Ist ein Verzeichnis
    Jän 22 08:29:27 openmediavault openmediavault[32549]: failed.
    Jän 22 08:29:27 openmediavault systemd[1]: Started LSB: Basic initialization of the OpenMediaVault system.

I have also seen a hint to include the line "OMV_DATAMODELS_DIR="/usr/share/openmediavault/datamodels" in /etc/defaults/openmediavault, this was already there. Does someone have an idea what to try next?

Many thanks

Roland

• Offizieller Beitrag

Usually having an incompatible OMV 2.x plugin installed on OMV 3.x is the problem here.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hy Ryecoaaron,

I thought I had uninstalled all plugins before upgrading. At least via the GUI there was no Plugin left. How do I find out if there is still a plugin installed and how do I uninstall it via SSH?

I am currently investigating and it seems nginx isn't starting.

• Offizieller Beitrag

dpkg -l | grep openm will list the plugins. apt-get remove PLUGIN_NAME will remove a plugin

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Hmm, doesn't seem that there are plugins running at all:

Bash
    root@pdb-matrix:~# dpkg -l | grep openm
    iF  openmediavault                 3.0.96                             all          Open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-keyring         1.0                                all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive

Only if Openmediavault or openmediavault-keyring are plugins.

• But when checking on nginx I get this:

• So I searched a bit and some suggeted that this might be cause by Apache running in the background.

so I did this:

Code
    root@pdb-matrix:~# sudo apachectl stop
    AH00548: NameVirtualHost has no effect and will be removed in the next release /etc/apache2/ports.conf:1
    httpd (no pid file) not running
    • Offizieller Beitrag

openmediavault package itself didn't finish installing. apt-get -f install should help. The apache packages should be purged to eliminate conflicts - apt-get purge apache2*

• Thanks Ryecoaaron.

Did the apt-get -f install and got this:

Code
    dpkg: error processing package openmediavault (--configure):
     subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     openmediavault
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
  • Hi! Was out of the office for some time, but I am now back to try to get this solved.

So somehow I am running into trouble with the webinterface. I can synchronize data to the shares on my server, I can access them, but I can't get into the webinterface, as it gives me a 502 error by nginx.

I tried to run your recommendations again and here are the errors I get:

Here the error for apt-get purge apache2*

When I run apt-get upgrade it looks pretty much the same. But will give that in the next message because the response is too long.

So if I read those error messages correctly, openmediavault and php7.0-fpm haven't been installed correctly?

• OK, so almost 3,5 years later and I am still stuck here. As the file server worked, I just left it be, but without the Web GUI I can't change anything, I can't really add new users, nothing. So before I totally kill this installation and set up a new one (either with OMV or any other software to provide a file server), I will try another time to get this error fixed (and hopefully update to a newer version of OMV, which is of course preferred over doing a new install and having to transfer almost 3GB of data back and forth.

So I managed to check via command line that I am currently on 4.1.13-1.

My suspicion was that some plugin caused problems during the update, but I don't know.

But then above I see errors regarding php7.0-fpm, and "ERROR: [pool openmediavault-webgui] cannot get u…webgui'", so I guess the problem might be with php7.0-fpm?

Any help would be appreciated!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!