Bypass startup checks for Removable drives

• I have an HPn40L running as NAS with OMV, and besides the 4 permanent drives i have inside, i intend to be using hot swappable drives, for easy in and out access. Last time i added a drive for one use operation, it caused some problems since it checked for it during boot time and output warnings that it wasnt there, etc which caused me to esit the fstab and messed thigns up further.

Anyway that was eventually taken care of, but my qestion now is How do i add drives, and mount them and have access to the shares, without having the system nag me that it doesnt find them durring starup, or that the contain bad blocks and the such. Its mighty important for me

• Offizieller Beitrag

Anyway that was eventually taken care of, but my qestion now is How do i add drives, and mount them and have access to the shares, without having the system nag me that it doesnt find them durring starup, or that the contain bad blocks and the such. Its mighty important for me

There isn't a good way to do this with OMV. It is designed to have its drives always mounted. The nofail flag in fstab should let the system continue to boot.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thats unfortunate. So external usb drives, or swappable drives are doomed to cause nagware? The nofail is one thing, but waiting each time 1 minute 30 seconds for the prompt is another

You may want to try installing the usbmount package and see how it behaves for you with USB drives.

It will mount/unmount them as they are plugged/unplugged. I'm not sure what happens if you shutdown the machine with USB drives mounted and unplug them before turning the machine back on.

As for hot swapable hard drives I have no information.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Coming back after some time, but now i really need to learn more.

So is usbmount a plugin? I cannot find any youtube videos on how to install/configure it

Besides automounting, will it also share the entire contents automatically? I dont want to go into the webui each time i mount a usb drive and set shares and privileges

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!