Problem configuration ZFS on OMV

• Hello,

Hello,
    I just installed OMV3 iso amd64 on vmware workstation pro 14 with usb 3.0 support.
    For the installation everything is fine. My concern is the below:
    My disks are in a bay: Storeva HD10 - Case 10 Bay 3.5 "USB 3.0 UASP. And I have allocated 8GB of ram and 2host + 2 threads for a total of 4 CPUs.
    I connect the storage bay to the USB port and the drives are detected by "fdisk -l".
    As there is no partition or volume created on it (they are bien new), I installed ZFS packages to set up a raidz1 to test.
    I own 5 4TB disks, and I'm going to take (I'm going to get) another one next month.
    Except that I try to do zpool creation tests to test the performance before the final implementation of my NAS.

# zpool create -f storagepool raidz / dev / sdb / sdc / sdd

The creation of the pool crashes and the disks are no longer visible.
    So I shut down the VM, and tried to connect the disks under windows, they are no longer visible either.

I unplug the hard drives from the storage array and branch them live into the server in SATA3. The discs are visible but unusable, it is indicated two partitions, one small and one large with the membership solaris.

I only have to do low-level formatting to reuse my disks.

My question is: Can we not raid6 via a USB storage bay from a VM?

My goal is to expand the storage capacity to infinity via usb storage arrays managed by logical and powerful raid so that it's not dependent on the hardware in case of defective parts.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Best regards
    Lorrain

• chente

Hat das Thema geschlossen.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!