Installation of OMV on Debian

• Hello Guys,

May be this topic was already created but i would like to try if it was not the case.

My Project is to bluid DIY NAS, and other compenments.

- OWNCLOUD
    - FTP
    - WEB SITE
    - OMV

So i don't want to Install only OMV on my NAS and i would like to know if i can use OMV on Debian. I know there are lot of plugins like for Owncloud but i prefer to use Debian and not dedicated my server to OMV

I have tried to use OMV on Docker container but it's too complicated , like mount drive.
    I'am thinking about intall KVM to run OMV on VM.

If there a solution to install OMV without install OMV ISO on my Debian Server ? i would like to continue to use my server and actually with ISO installation i cannot do

Thanks for help

Sorry for my bad english

• Offizieller Beitrag

OMV is Debian with a web interface package installed.

OMV 3.x = Debian 8.x
    OMV 4.x = Debian 9.x

There is a how to for installing owncloud using the nginx plugin available on OMV. The docker plugin is another option.

OMV has a plugin for ftp (core OMV) and web sites (openmediavault-nginx - needs omv-extras installed).

OMV also works very well on kvm.

There are threads about installing OMV on Debian. Search for them.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hello ryecoaaron

So i can installe OMV ISO and continue to use my debian server ?
    Can i continue to connect with putty and for example and installe others services or i cannot if i install OMV ISO ?

I don't know use plugin OMV dor my website i would like install them directly on the server, is it possible ?

I have found how to install OMV on Debian but it's very complicated solution with chroot

EDIT:
    I have just installed OMV ISO directly on my NAS and it's seems working like i want. i can connect with putty i hope i can install Apache nginx etc whithout any issue.

Thanks

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!