How to mount a remote CIFS share of a NAS on openmediavault

• Hi All,

I have a QNAP NAS which CIFS share is created.
    Basically, all I need is to mount that CIFS on the openmediavault.

My idea is to install plex and have plex to be able to browse the remote CIFS for media.

please advise. thanks

• You should use the openmediavault-remotemount plugin. ;)

*future backup system*
    OMV 3.0.96 (Erasmus) -
    Linux 4.9.0-0.bpo.4-amd64
    Core2Quad Q8200 @2,33 GHz | 6 GB
    Intel SSD 320 40GB System |
    6x2TB WD-Red Raid5

*replacement under construction*
    OMV 3.0.96 (Erasmus) -
    Linux 4.9.0-0.bpo.4-amd64
    i3-2120 @ 3,30 GHz | 8 GB
    Sandisk SSD 126GB System | 3x6TB WD-Red Raid5

• thanks, but I can't seems to find remote mount
    only found remote share, but i can't mount a remote CIFS with that as I need to assign to a volume.
    Does it actually need a "space" / "volume" before it can map to an external CIFS share?

• http://omv-extras.org/joomla/ too check all plugins. omv2.x is not existent on that page, and i dont even know if there is plugins for it ...

Due to debian life cycle, i say go for omv4.x

https://wiki.debian.org/LTS

• thanks guys.

I installed 3.0.94 last night and it worked like a charm.
    but I stumbled upon a new problem.
    I've created this CIFS with everyone read/write access.
    I can access this CIFS from windows box not problem. able to create/modify files.
    However, it doesn't work from OMV 3.0.94

So I've installed Sonarr and when I tried import media which is on the remote share (QNAP), it complained that user sonarr doesn't have the permission to modify.

I went to qnap folder permission setting and the folder which is the one that being shared has lrwxrwxrwx --> l means symbolic link apparently.
    so i think that's pretty much read write access for everyone. Not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

Any advise would be much appreciated. cheers

• Maybe you should add user "sonaar" to the user group which has write access to the shared folder of your OMV NAS local file system. This has nothing to do with SMB/CIFS permissions - I am assuming.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!