why nginx ? ( and witch version ? )

• As there is no silly question, i wonder why using nginx and not apache2 ...

Actually, i am running in some nextcloud install problem in omv4.x because nginx is used instead of apache2 ...

took my 25 mns to have a nextcloud server on a debian 9.3 lAmps ( A for apache2 ) and still blocked over a debian 9.3 lemp !

If i compare lamps vs lemps :

Apache:

Has been available for so many years (since 1995), a lot of users and modules (mostly open-source) written to expand its functionality, witch is a huge plus for me.
    Process/thread-oriented approach — slows down under heavy load, need to spawn new processes and consuming more RAM, also creates new threads which have to compete for CPU and RAM resources.
    Limit has to be set to ensure that resources are not overloaded, when the limit is reached, additional connections will be refused;
    Limiting factor in tuning Apache: memory and potential to dead-locked threads contending for the same CPU and memory.
    If i study thos pro/cons with omv3.x or omv4.x they are not blocking point. Only if you use omvX.x for a large corporation with a lot of users.

nginx:

Open source web server application written in 2009 to address performance and scalability issues associated with Apache,
    Event-driven, asynchronous and non-blocking approach, doesn’t create new processes for each web request;
    Setting number of worker processes, and each worker can handle thousands of concurrent connections;
    Modules are included at compile time, have internal PHP code compiler (no need for PHP module),[witch is a black hole as you need to fully upgrade nginx to address any php security issue]

• Offizieller Beitrag

have internal PHP code compiler (no need for PHP module),[witch is a black hole as you need to fully upgrade nginx to address any php security issue]

This is not true. nginx doesn't have php builtin. It talks to php-fpm via unix sockets (or cgi). nginx on OMV uses php-fpm and the two can easily be upgraded independently.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thx for anwsering.

By the way, The Complete NGINX Cookbook from O'reilly is available for free at: https://www.nginx.com/resource…/complete-nginx-cookbook/

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!