Docker Issue - Sonarr and Deluge

• OMV 3.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Docker Issue - Sonarr and Deluge

Good Morning,

I'm having a issue setting up Sonarr and Deluge in Docker. I followed this guide OMV + Docker plugin media server (Plex, PlexPy, Ombi, Libresonic, NZBGet, ruTorrent, Sonarr, Radarr, Mylar, and more) I have the PUID and GUID setup I have the /config /downloads /tv and all that setup. Sonarr can't access the /srv/disk id/fielserver/downloads to move the file
    • majorpayne wrote:

Good Morning,

I'm having a issue setting up Sonarr and Deluge in Docker. I followed this guide OMV + Docker plugin media server (Plex, PlexPy, Ombi, Libresonic, NZBGet, ruTorrent, Sonarr, Radarr, Mylar, and more) I have the PUID and GUID setup I have the /config /downloads /tv and all that setup. Sonarr can't access the /srv/disk id/fielserver/downloads to move the file

Are you sure that it's the directory that can't be accessed, or maybe it can see the directory but doesn't have appropriate permissions to move the files?

I plan to update that guide at some point because I changed my method for mapping directories to ensure all the containers used the same paths.
    • Fair enough!

First, can you post screenshots of your Docker settings for both the containers? Specifically, make sure you haven't checked the "R/O" button on the mapped directories.

Second, install the OMV plugin called "Reset Permissions." Once installed, use it to reset ACL settings on your shared folders and then reset permissions on the same folders. Try to use Sonarr to move the files again and see if you're successful.
    • Again, I'm not great with this, but there is another option you can try (which is how I do all my containers now). You can create a single storage container that maps every single directory you need for all the containers you run (I call mine "Storage"). Then, in your application containers, remove all the mapped directories (except /config) and instead, in the "Volumes From" section, choose your newly created storage container. This will ensure that they are all mapped exactly the same way.

My storage container maps directories for all my media locations that Plex needs, the download directories that Sonarr and Radarr need, temp directories that NZBGet and ruTorrent need, etc.
    • majorpayne wrote:

Can you show me a screenshot of what you are talking about. I might be doing this already.

Here is my storage container:

And my Radarr container that attaches it. Keep in mind the only folder I mapped was /config. The other two read-only paths were mapped by the container automatically, but are not used. All of my other media-related containers are done the same way, to ensure all paths are identical (and not /download on one, but /downloads on the other, for example).

• On "denied" for the folder "Downloads". We're talking about torrents so it's not sensitive or anything you'd be worried about other users looking at, right?

Using the reset parm's plugin, change the permissions on the "Downloads" folder so that "Others" have "Read and Write". If you want to tighten it up so no one but you can write to "Downloads", that can be done in Samba.

Do you have WinSCP installed?
      Good backup takes the "drama" out of computing
    • Did you try the permission change?
    • OK, you have a folder called "Fileserver" in the path. Apply the same permissions that were applied to "Downloads", to "Fileserver". (Note that the reset perm's plugin won't help you with this.)
      I've experienced the same sort of problem with permissions when I shared a sub-directory, under a root folder, of the data drive. If a shared folder is not at the root of the drive, the entire path to the shared folder needs to have compatible permissions. Change Fileserver to "Others", "Read / Write".

This is why I asked if you have WinSCP installed. It's far easier to look at standard, unshared folders and change their permissions, with WinSCP, versus doing the same on the command line.

The above is an attempt to resolve the "denied" error dialog you provided. Since I don't use this particular Docker, I don't know how the container interacts with the host.

The post was edited 1 time, last by flmaxey ().

• To get you through this hurdle, you could "share" the folder Fileserver, set the permissions in the GUI, then delete the shared folder (but not its' contents). After the share is deleted, the permissions on the folder itself would remain.
    • flmaxey wrote:

OK, you have a folder called "Fileserver" in the path. Apply the same permissions that were applied to "Downloads", to "Fileserver". (Note that the reset perm's plugin won't help you with this.)
      I've experienced the same sort of problem with permissions when I shared a sub-directory, under a root folder, of the data drive. If a shared folder is not at the root of the drive, the entire path to the shared folder needs to have compatible permissions. Change Fileserver to "Others", "Read / Write".

This is why I asked if you have WinSCP installed. It's far easier to look at standard, unshared folders and change their permissions, with WinSCP, versus doing the same on the command line.

The above is an attempt to resolve the "denied" error dialog you provided. Since I don't use this particular Docker, I don't know how the container interacts with the host.
      My Apologies I did not see the question about WinSCP. Yes I do have it installed.

Edit;
      Details

Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /srv/9a94fceb-ff72-4c70-9562-591fcc600b9e/Fileserver/Downloads/DCs.Legends.of.Tomorrow.S03E10.iNTERNAL.720p.WEB.x264-BAMBOOZLE
      Images
      • Capture.PNG

13.07 kB, 363×446, viewed 155 times

The post was edited 2 times, last by majorpayne ().