Docker Issue - Sonarr and Deluge

• OMV 3.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Well, that's about as open as it gets. With others having Read/Write, even the root account inside the container (different from OMV's root account, BTW) should be able to write to it.

This points back to the container and/or the installation parameters. You could try a Docker re-install.

There are two scenarios that I would try:

First:
      This time around, let the container create the folder "Downloads". Do not "pre-create" it. This will mean that you'd need to delete the existing share and the "Downloads" folder (Copy any existing data to another location.) This process allows the appropriate account to create the Downloads folder and assign permissions that the container can use.
      You can always loosen permissions, later, with the Users group and with "Others" permissions.

(OR)

Do the same as the above but map directly to the root of your data drive. I.E. /srv/9a94fceb-ff72-4c70-9562-591fcc600b9e/Downloads. You could share it from there.

Second - if the above doesn't work:

Don't try to map directly to the data drive, in Volumes and Bind points. Try the following which will create a downloads folder on the root of the OMV boot drive. (The container will be able to write to this host folder.)

Host Path-----Container Path
      /downloads to /downloads

Install the Symlink plugin and use it to connect /downloads, on the OMV boot drive, to /Downloads on the data drive.

In the Symlink dialog: The source will be the boot drive /downloads and the destination will be the data drive /download. Since OMV's root account will be in control of the Symlink, data will be moved to your data drive. As long as root is the owner, you'll be able to assign permissions on the data drive end of the link as you like, share it, etc.

As an FYI:
      I used to have a "ServerFolders" directory at the root of my data drive(s). I'm pretty tight with permissions and found, in some permissions scenarios; creating sub-dir's below ServerFolders was a PITA. So, I restructured to get rid of it. Now, I create network shares at the root of data drive(s).
      Good backup takes the "drama" out of computing

The post was edited 1 time, last by flmaxey: edit4 ().

• flmaxey wrote:

Well, that's about as open as it gets. With others having Read/Write, even the root account inside the container (different from OMV's root account, BTW) should be able to write to it.

This points back to the container and/or the installation parameters. You could try a Docker re-install.

There are two scenarios that I would try:

First:
      This time around, let the container create the folder "Downloads". Do not "pre-create" it. This will mean that you'd need to delete the existing share and the "Downloads" folder (Copy any existing data to another location.) This process allows the appropriate account to create the Downloads folder and assign permissions that the container can use.
      You can always loosen permissions, later, with the Users group and with "Others" permissions.

(OR)

Do the same as the above but map directly to the root of your data drive. I.E. /srv/9a94fceb-ff72-4c70-9562-591fcc600b9e/Downloads. You could share it from there.

Second - if the above doesn't work:

Don't try to map directly to the data drive, in Volumes and Bind points. Try the following which will create a downloads folder on the root of the OMV boot drive. (The container will be able to write to this host folder.)

Host Path-----Container Path
      /downloads to /downloads

Install the Symlink plugin and use it to connect /downloads, on the OMV boot drive, to /Downloads on the data drive.

In the Symlink dialog: The source will be the boot drive /downloads and the destination will be the data drive /download. Since OMV's root account will be in control of the Symlink, data will be moved to your data drive. As long as root is the owner, you'll be able to assign permissions on the data drive end of the link as you like, share it, etc.

As an FYI:
      I used to have a "ServerFolders" directory at the root of my data drive(s). I'm pretty tight with permissions and found, in some permissions scenarios; creating sub-dir's below ServerFolders was a PITA. So, I restructured to get rid of it. Now, I create network shares at the root of data drive(s).
      Option 1 not possible as All 9 TB of files are sitting in /srv/disk name/Fileserver, I will trying option 2
    • I've done option 2 before. Symlink's are great for getting past program limitations and other weirdness. Symlink's can also be used in a manner similar to mergerfs; to spread storage over multiple drives while providing the appearance and function of storing all data on one drive.
      With Symlink's and remote mount, one can transparently export/import data from/to remote servers. With the two, there's lots of flexibility for moving data around.

Do you actually have all 9TB backed up?
    • flmaxey wrote:

I've done option 2 before. Symlink's are great for getting past program limitations and other weirdness. Symlink's can also be used in a manner similar to mergerfs; to spread storage over multiple drives while providing the appearance and function of storing all data on one drive.
      With Symlink's and remote mount, one can transparently export/import data from/to remote servers. With the two, there's lots of flexibility for moving data around.

Do you actually have all 9TB backed up?
      No, I do not have all 9 TB's backed up. Only about 5 TB's currently.
    • you need to set up sonarr and deluge folder using the path insde docker
      so Deluge won't download inside /usr/download bun inside /Donwload.
      the same goes for Sonarr, it won't search series inside /usr/series, but inside the path that you wrote, in my case was /Raid1/Telefilm and /zfs/telefilm since they are on two different hard drives.

I'll post my settings as soon as I'll get home, or tomorrow at max.
      Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - 2x4TB WD RED in RAID1 - ZFS Mirror 2x6TB Seagate Ironwolf
      OMV 4.1.4 - Kernel 4.14 backport 3 - omvextrasorg 4.1.2
    • Blabla wrote:

you need to set up sonarr and deluge folder using the path insde docker
      so Deluge won't download inside /usr/download bun inside /Donwload.
      the same goes for Sonarr, it won't search series inside /usr/series, but inside the path that you wrote, in my case was /Raid1/Telefilm and /zfs/telefilm since they are on two different hard drives.

I'll post my settings as soon as I'll get home, or tomorrow at max.

This is a good point. Inside Sonarr, when you specify your paths, it should be identical to the path you used on the RIGHT side of the Docker container. Is this how you've done it?

Docker doesn't know the path that actually exists on your system, it only knows the file path that you've specifically "advertised" in the container settings.
    • I'm not a user of these packages, but the errors noted were on the outside of the container. On the internal paths / settings, if @majorpayne followed the setup guide, my assumption was that the containers would be OK.

flvinny521 wrote:

Docker doesn't know the path that actually exists on your system, it only knows the file path that you've specifically "advertised" in the container settings.
      This is why I believed using a symlink might be a usable approach. It removes the responsibility of pushing data to a host specific path that the container doesn't know anything about. And with the root account of the host in control, a symlink also removes any permissions issues associated with traversing the path.
    • I still think it should be asked, I had the same error just because I was using the normal path inside deluge instead of /Download. Looked days for permission problems then find out that it was a path problem inside Deluge instead of docker :/
      Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - 2x4TB WD RED in RAID1 - ZFS Mirror 2x6TB Seagate Ironwolf
    • flmaxey wrote:

I'm not a user of these packages, but the errors noted were on the outside of the container. On the internal paths / settings, if @majorpayne followed the setup guide, my assumption was that the containers would be OK.

Actually, going back to the initial few posts, I think my suggestion might be reinforced. According to OP:

majorpayne wrote:

Also Sonarr show this

Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /srv/9a94fceb-ff72-4c70-9562-591fcc600b9e/Fileserver/Downloads/Star.Trek.Discovery.S01E13.720p.WEBRip.x264-TBS

Sonarr should not have any knowledge of /srv/9a9.../Fileserver unless that full directory path was entered somewhere inside the Sonarr configuration.
    • On a review, @majorpayne showed the following Volume and Bind Points.

I think I'd change the above to the following:
      ----Host path-----------------------Container path
      /sonarr/config----------------------/config
      /sonarr/Downloads-----------------/downloads
      /sonarr/Downloads/TV-------------/tv

The config folder could remain where it would be created, on the host. This preserves container config settings, separate from data.

Then I'd do a Symlink with /sonarr/Downloads as the source, with /srv/9a94fceb-ff72-4c70-9562-591fcc600b9e/Fileserver/Downloads as the destination. (That might create a Downloads/Downloads on the destination but that's easily fixed by shortening the symlink destination a bit.) TV would be a sub-dir in the destination, so the transfer would be handled by one Symlink.

Of course, if it gets the job done, there's no wrong way to do it.

A quick note to @majorpayne:
      Be careful that a blank (unseen) space does not precede "/" , in your volumes and bind point statements. Also, an unseen space at the end of the path statement could be problematic as well.

The post was edited 1 time, last by flmaxey: edit ().

• no, instead of /srv/code.../Folder he should set /download
      This is the settings for deluge:

And this is Deluge:

The path /media/Raid1 is the one in docker settings, while /raid1/Telefilm is the original one, the first one is working, while the second one not giving me permission error.
    • (Based on your screen shot from post #5 - which I assumed was the sonarr Docker )

Construct the container as you originally did.

When you get to Volumes and Mount points, use the paths shown above (post # 31).

When the container is saved, the following folders will appear on the root of your boot drive:

/sonarr/config
      /sonarr/Downloads
      /sonarr/Downloads/TV

(There's no need to worry about the /config directory - it doesn't need to be copied elsewhere.)

The symlink would look like the following:

In the destination, under Downloads, the sub-dir TV should appear.
    • Hold up on the symlink. Testing...
    • Crappers:

I got symlinks bass-ackwards and found that symlinks will not work with "nested" folders.

First,, delete the container and the folders created from the last attempt
      /sonarr/config
      /sonarr/Downloads
      /sonarr/Downloads/TV

(Regrets for the redundancy.)

Then , go to your /srv/9a94fceb-ff72-4c70-9562-591fcc600b9e/Downloads

and create a TV sub-directory under Downloads.
      __________________________________________________________________________

Create two Symlinks as follows

Select the sources from the drop down on the right. Type in the destinations as shown.

Create the container with following Volumes and Bind points.

----Host path-----------------------Container path
      /sonarr-config----------------------/config
      /sonarr-downloads-----------------/downloads
      /sonarr-downloads-tv-------------/tv

Please advise.

(If this doesn't work, I'll configure a sonarr Docker and work out a full process.)

The post was edited 1 time, last by flmaxey ().

• Hell, I'm getting confused too. Why are symlinks necessary? I already have Sonarr up and running. As long as the paths in the container setup and the paths used in the Sonarr web UI are identical, there should be no issues.

I'm happy to make another post with screenshots of my container and my corresponding Sonarr setup, if that will help.
    • flvinny521 wrote:

Hell, I'm getting confused too. Why are symlinks necessary? I already have Sonarr up and running. As long as the paths in the container setup and the paths used in the Sonarr web UI are identical, there should be no issues.

I'm happy to make another post with screenshots of my container and my corresponding Sonarr setup, if that will help.
      Symlinks can be used to past permissions problems (the original issue, I believe), while allowing sonarr (or whaterver app) to directly read or place files to another location (in this case, a data drive).

In any case, post your container setup (detailed) and explain how you get your sonarr downloads onto a data drive. (With permissions.) Again I don't use sonarr but, at this point, if it will help @majorpayne I'll configure it up in a VM.