WebGUI Login loop - no hd full

• Hello,

I just installed an OMV server in a Rock64. which will also be used for other applications. It was working fine, but after some package installation it started to fail: after entering the correct credentials it returns to the login screen without any error message or any indication in the logs. I verified the space in the partitions and no one is full:

Could it be any of the packages installed that causes issues with the authentication? How can I see the error logs related to this issue? In the auth.log I see the following:

Code
    Jan 26 22:20:42 rock64 openmediavault-webgui[10342]: Authorized login from ::ffff:xx.xx.xx.xx [username=admin, user-agent=Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_13_2) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/63.0.3239.132 Safari/537.36]

The server has also installed docker with an Unifi container and Freepbx/asterisk. Thanks!

• Hello, and thanks for your suggestions. The following are the results:

try omv-firstaid and go for "reset gui password".

You will go back to admin/openmediavault

There is no option to reset the GUI password in the omv-firstaid, instead there is an option to "Change control panel administrator password". I used that option and the password change was successful: using the old password in the GUI I got bad login error, but using the new password I have the same login loop behavior and the same "Authorized login" message in auth.log

Have you checked for counterfeit SD cards (4 GB crap card sold as 'genuine 32 GB' something)? If not, this is the first I would do:

Code
    apt-get install f3
    f3write /root/
    f3read /root/

I did the test and it seems that SD is not the issue:

Is there any other config/log that I can check? Thanks!

• Average writing speed: 2.78 MB/s

While the card seems to be a genuine card having 32GB capacity I would immediately try to replace it with something better since this is just too slow (if sequential write performance is already that low then random IO performance which is the most important when used with SBC will be horribly low). Personal recommendation currently is SanDisk A1 cards (the A1 is important! See this whole thread for background information)

• While the card seems to be a genuine card having 32GB capacity I would immediately try to replace it with something better since this is just too slow (if sequential write performance is already that low then random IO performance which is the most important when used with SBC will be horribly low). Personal recommendation currently is SanDisk A1 cards (the A1 is important! See this whole thread for background information)

Thanks for the info. Really this is a test installation, just to validate the functionality of the applications. The final installation will use an emmc module, which is being shipped.

Do you think this SD slowness could cause problems in the login process? If not, what else I can check? Thank!

• Do you think this SD slowness could cause problems in the login process?

Over at Armbian we've dealt with numerous situations where SD cards with very poor random IO performance behaved almost like broken ones (strangely these were 'Samsung EVOs' but most probably not genuine but faked ones since Samsung EVO are one of the few SD cards that show a pretty high random IO performance).

The problem is that 'SD card crappiness' is that often reason for symptoms feeling like 'software misbehaving on SBC' that it's simply no worth the efforts to debug stuff unless SD card related troubles are ruled out. Though you could also try to provide some logs:

Code
    sudo apt install curl
    dmesg | tail -n 400 | curl -F 'f:1=<-' http://ix.io
  • Hello.

I have now received the eMMC module and reinstalled the server in this order (using Debian Jessie arm64):

1) Asterisk + freepbx (it uses Apache2, I changed the HTTP port to 85)
    2) Docker + Unifi controller container
    3) Openmediavault

The installation went fine, but when I try to login to the GUI for first time I got the same problem of login loop. I changed the admin password in omv-firstaids, but no difference. It seems to be a conflict of OMV with one of the packets installed by the other apps. I appreciate your help with this, we really want to use OMV but this issue is a not-go..

The following is the new output of "df -h" just for reference:

• I found the issue! In the file /var/log/nginx/openmediavault-webgui_error.log I found the following errors:

Code
    2018/01/31 09:31:32 [error] 757#0: *9 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning:  session_start(): open(/var/lib/php5/sessions/sess_7cb79jt9mv49mmgh007ovt7js3, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/session.inc on line 43" while reading response header from upstream, client: ::ffff:xx.xx.xx.xx, server: openmediavault-webgui, request: "GET / HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm-openmediavault-webgui.sock:"...

So I searched for this error and found a similar issue in this thread: [HELP] Can't Log in on the Web-Gui with right credentials. The issue is related with the permissions on folder /var/lib/php5/sessions, the user openmediavault-webgui doesn't have permission to create the new session file. Freepbx changes the permissions and ownership of this folder, so the solution is to correct the permissions and configure Freepbx to not change the permission on that folder.

Thank for your support on this! :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!