Problem with OMV on Odroid XU4

• Hello all!

I'm having an odd problem with running OMV and NFS on an odroid XU4 system. First of all some details about OMV on the odroid device:

Hostname = odroidxu4
    version = 3.0.92
    kernel = 4.9.61-odroidxu4

The odroid is using an external hard drive connected to the usb port of that device although it has its own power supply.

The system I'm connecting to OMV is just a normal x86 box running debian 9 via ethernet. I also get the same error on a different debian box running the next version of debian (buster).

The problem is that whenever I try to mount the device after power on via NFS I get the following error:

Code
    mount.nfs: requested NFS version or transport protocol is not supported

I can get it to work if I disable, save then re-enable and save NFS and reboot OMV. But does anyone know why I'd get that error each time at all?

OMV seems to have installed OK on the odroid system; I can log into OMV's web browser interface ok, I can SSH in with no problems, it sees the ethernet and USB 3 hard drive with no problems.

The USB hard drive I'm using with the odroid device and OMV is an external hard drive made by a company called orico. It's a two-bay device (I Just have one of the bays filled with a SATA 2TB hard drive). OMV lists this device as " 152d:0567 JMicron Technology Corp. / JMicron USA Technology Corp." - after poking around online this is apparently a JMS567 chipset based system.

BTW OMV is not running from the USB device, it is running from a microsd card installed in the odroid XU4.

thanks

ljones

• Still not got anywhere so far. A little more info though;

(From a debian box connected to OMV)

Code
    $ service nfs status
    Unit nfs.service could not be found.

Code
    showmount -e 192.168.1.1
    clnt_create: RPC: Program not registered

Code
    $ service nfs-kernel-server status
       nfs-server.service - NFS server and services
       Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/nfs-server.service; enabled; vendor p
       Active: active (exited) since Tue 2018-02-06 18:23:35 GMT; 46s ago
      Process: 584 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/rpc.nfsd $RPCNFSDARGS (code=exited, statu
      Process: 582 ExecStartPre=/usr/sbin/exportfs -r (code=exited, status=0/SUC
     Main PID: 584 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
        Tasks: 0 (limit: 4915)
       CGroup: /system.slice/nfs-server.service

Weird. Why would 'service nfs status' fail like that when service nfs-kernel-server works? Or is this still an OMV problem?

ljones

• Was not sure what to try but in the end I tried doing (on the debian box, not the OMV):

Code
    $ apt-get remove nfs-kernel-server

From memory, nfs-common is (presumably) still installed. Weirdly this seems to be working so far and I'm not getting mounting errors any more. Weird because before in the past this seemed to be needed to installed.

Update
    Unfortunatly it dosen't seem to have worked. Worked a couple of times now I'm back to the same problem again :(

ljones

• Now starting to look at OMV;

Code
    root@odroidxu4:~# systemctl status nfs-common -l
    ● nfs-common.service - LSB: NFS support files common to client and server
       Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/nfs-common)
       Active: active (exited) since Fri 2018-02-09 17:14:26 GMT; 49min ago

Feb 09 17:14:26 odroidxu4 nfs-common[333]: Starting NFS common utilities: statd
    Feb 09 17:14:26 odroidxu4 nfs-common[333]: Not starting: portmapper is not running ... (warning).
    Warning: Journal has been rotated since unit was started. Log output is incomplete or unavailable.

What does "active (exited)" mean? Does that mean it was running and it has stopped or ? And should portmapper be running (if it isn't maybe it crashed?). Not sure.

ljones

• Ok, I gave this a try, but it didn't work -- after trying I could not mount NFS at all (the debian box would just hang). So I've tried to reverse it by doing:

Code
    update-rc.d rpcbind disable

So far I've not had the NFS problem I had above (in the sense I haven't had to disable/enable NFS and restart OMV). But I'm keeping an eye on it as I don't think it is solved!

ljones

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!