PCI-e card denying network connections when installed?

• I have an new NAS build - I'm a bit of a noob. I have installed OMV 4.0.14. Install went fine, installed extras, etc. Have Plex server running, network connection and SMB sharing on multiple PCs on my network. NAS operates as expected.

Decided to install Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD PCI-e card so I can start streaming and recording OTA broadcasts.

When I install the card in it causes the NAS to stop connecting to the network; it throws an error as it is booting and running through all the pass/fails regarding network interfaces being unable to be established.

I ran through the install for the card located here: http://www.hauppauge.com/site/support/linux.html and had no problems...or so I think.

Has anyone else run across this issue and found a good fix for it?

Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

The problem i see is that they are distributing a whole Linux kernel package to give the drivers. they should either supply a dkms package or the drivers source, not a whole kernel for just one driver.

Just to make sure for your card to work you need to boot their supplied kernel. Use Omv-extras to select their boot kernel or at boot time with grub, then check everything works.

• Thanks for the quick reply - will try that tonight.

I also tested a USB 3.0 ethernet adapter (Plugable E1000) and the same issue happens - with and without the Hauppauge PCI-e card installed and have same network error.

The ethernet adapter is supported by 2.6.14 and above.

• I would use the recommends from the wiki at linuxtv.org. With their help, I managed to get my dvb card to work correctly. For your card they recommend either no extra files for the northern American version or one fw file for the european version.

See here:

https://linuxtv.org/wiki/index…WinTV-quadHD_(DVB-T/T2/C)

This is what is confusing - for North America there are no additional files to load and the kernel (4.8) should be supported by current OMV 4.0.14...unless I'm missing something.

• This is what is confusing - for North America there are no additional files to load and the kernel (4.8) should be supported by current OMV 4.0.14...unless I'm missing something.

Indeed, no additional firmware or drivers required, full kernel support out of the box.

Please post ouput of:
    # lspci
    # lsusb
    # cat /proc/interrupts

You will need to investiage potential IRQ issues ...

Also, do you have a network controller and/or DHCP server that is somehow part of the issue/cause of the issue? Investigate device IP addresses/mac addresses that are online and visible in the controller to elimnate potential sources of error.

If you find that there is an IRQ conflict or a DHCP/MAC address issue, you may have the options in your BIOS to manually set the IRQ for the Hauppauge tuner to avoid the interrupt conflict ... and similarly, in your controller, be able to implement a proper configuration to avoid addressing issues.

Cheers,
    ;)

• Please post ouput of:
    # lspci
    # lsusb

First screenshot is ethernet connnect via USB adapter, Second is ethernet directly to jack:

First screenshot is ethernet connnect via USB adapter, Second is ethernet directly to jack

• Please post ouput of:
    # lspci
    # lsusb

First screenshot is ethernet connnect via USB adapter, Second is ethernet directly to jack:

First screenshot is ethernet connnect via USB adapter, Second is ethernet directly to jack

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!