Clonezilla extfsclone.c bitmap error

• I have a problem with clonezilla when trying to backup my system drive (SSD).

Please see attached pics:

This happens on two different system (same error). Both systems are OMV 4, fresh install. After installation and setting up everything I tried to make a backup with clonezilla, but failed multiple times. Tried also with expert option with fsck but no success.

I suspect clonezilla is faulty.

Any hints?

• What did you use as destination (drive) for the image file? In the screenshot I can see /home/....? Is this a network share? Did you have access rights from clonezilla?
    Did you define a name for the image (one screenshot shows a dash (-) for that)?

I am using a usb drive with ntfs format as destination drive. This is working flawlessly with Clonezilla.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• On this system there are 3 disks: sda is 16gb SDD, sdb is 1TB HDD and sdc is 2TB HDD.

Targed drive was sdb. I think it does have rights from clonezilla to write, but not sure.

I used default name for the image (clonezilla suggests it with date and time).

Edit: all drives are ext4.

• Booted from USB with clonezilla (clonezilla-live-2.5.2-31-amd64).

All default settings, beginner mode, no fsck and it worked.

I guess something is wrong with clonezilla on my system. Can anyone tell me how to remove clonezilla and install it again ?

Thanks.

• Solution:

Download newer Clonezilla image from here:
    clonezilla 2.5.5-23

Use midnight commander and do the following:
    1. rename it to clonezilla-live-2.3.2-22-i686-pae.iso (name as the image in /boot) and copy to /boot (overwrite existing file)

2. chmod the iso file in /boot - check read/write by owner, read/write by group, read/write by others, uncheck all others

3. reboot to clonezilla and it works. :thumbup:

• Hi,

did you have any problems with network configuring? As @ryecoaaron wrote here Clonezilla: Boot failed!, there is a problem with newer Clonezilla versions regarding autoconfigure networking.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• The same problem occured on two of my systems, one has two network cards, the other has one. I did not see any network problems as I could connect to both of them with putty after booting with clonezilla (original version of clonezilla and the new one). The problem occured with the old clonezilla when the image reading began.

Anyway, it is solved now. :P

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Qshtr () aus folgendem Grund: Clarification.

• I have had an identical error message as the OP while attempting to use clonezilla to backup my system disk - only with a different 'group number' quoted compared to that for the OP in this pic.

This prevents me from using Clonezilla to backup the system drive, though the system itself still boots from the SSD.

Further output from Clonezilla included here:

I have used Clonezilla before to make a backup of the same SSD and it worked fine. Since the last backup I used Gparted to resize the two partitions on the disk - this is the only thing I can think of that might have caused the problem.

I have tried the OP's solution posted above, which worked for the OP, but it didn't work for me. Based on cabrio's advice above I have also tried to run clonezilla multiple times, both over SSH and directly with keyboard and monitor plugged into the box. Same error. Also the same error when running clonezilla from a live CD as when running it using the version installed by OMV-extras. This makes me think that the problem is something to do with my disk, and possibly a result of the partition resize using GParted?

I've booted into SYstemREscueCD and used fsck and e2fsck to check the SSD. It says that there is a bad superblock, but at this point I lost confidence in my ability to Google and find an answer - the pages I could find went far beyond my level of understanding, and I don't like to mess with my system drive when I don't have a recent backup to go back to.

Currently then I have a server which works OK but I cannot back up. Any ideas how I might fix this? I've gone beyond the level of knowledge where I feel comfortable to fix this myself using Google...

Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

• Anyone have any ideas about this post? If anyone can offer any pointers I'd be very grateful as currently I have a disk that I can't take any form of backup of.

Many thanks!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!