My DIY NAS Build

• Hey Guys,
    today I want to show you my current NAS Build!
    At first I had a Synology DS215j but that was most of the time waaay too slow, so I decided to build a NAS myself and this is the result!

Server:

• Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H
    • Bitfenix Shinobi
    • Intel Pentium G4560 (GPU integrated) BOX
    • 8 GB Crucial DDR4-2133 Dual Kit
    • 400W be Qiet! System Power 8 Non-Modular
    • TECHNOTREND TT-budget S2-4200 Twin
    • 128GB SSD M2 SATA (OS)
    • 1x 4 TB WD Red
    • 1x 4 TB WD Green
    • 3x 4 TB Seagate Barracuda

Software:

• Plugins:

• Snapraid (1 Parity-Drive + 4 Data-Drives)
      • Autoshutdown (Check HDD I/O + Network I/O every 30 minutes)
      • WOL
      • MiniDLNA
      • Docker GUI Images

• JDownloader
        • Emby Media Server (accessable from the outside)
    • Other SW

• TVHeadend
      • LetsEncrypt

Clients are several RPI's with LibreELEC or OSMC and Emby Plugins and Emby Apps.

I think the specs of my server are sufficient but does anyone have recommends to improve this complete setup? (E.g. should I run TVHeadend also in a Docker-Container?)
    Tell me what you think!

Best regards :)

• Very nice. I’m preparing to put together a G4560 & Gigabyte mobo build myself. Waiting for the psu to arrive in the mail, and need to pick a case. How has the cpu treated you so far? I’ll also be setting up Snapraid and Docker w/ JDownloader. Any troubles with Docker? I’ve never used it before. Currently have OMV running on an i3 Optiplex w/ 10tb storage and 12gb ram and it’s great. Mobo only has three sata ports and case is super small, so I decided to build something newer/bigger. Any photos you can share? Congrats on the build.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!