OMV Update Management Debian repository

• OMV 3.x (stable)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• OMV Update Management Debian repository

I have installed OMV3 on Debian Jessie. Now, I wanted to install some other packes from the newer Debian release, so I added stretch repositories. I did this with priority pinning, so that existing packages would be not be updated.

However, OMV actually also shows the stretch updates for all packages in its Update Management tab. I don't want to upgrade all these packages, as these may break OMV3. Doesn't OMV look into the repository priorities? Is it possible to set a default repository for this function?
    • Make sure you have run apt-get update so the index is updated. Other than that are you sure that they are correctly pinned? The display in the ui is the same as apt-get upgrade

Also omvextras plugin provides repository adding with pinning
      New wiki
      chat support at #openmediavault@freenode IRC | Spanish & English | GMT+10 broadcast channel
      openmediavault discord server
    • OMV does nothing magically, it simply uses APT to collect the packages that can be updated. In this case your pinning config seems to be incorrect, that's the reason why all these packages are displayed.
      Absolutely no support through PM!

I must not fear.
      Fear is the mind-killer.
      Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
      I will face my fear.
      I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
      And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
      Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
      Only I will remain.

Litany against fear by Bene Gesserit