Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Procedure

• Offizieller Beitrag

Am I going to have issues with my docker instances if I have to remove and reinstall both docker and imv-extras manually?

I don't know why it didn't upgrade. This file should make it upgrade properly. I will have to test. That said, you shouldn't have to remove the plugin. After you re-installed omv-extras, the plugins should upgrade without uninstalling.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi there,

just wanted to give positive feedback about my upgrade from OMV 3 to 4

With iobrocker including tons of plugins running on top of my OMV system I was kinda hesitant to do the upgrade.
    Totally was prepared to spend the whole day fixing stuff.

But it went through just fine... Awesome xD

Cheers
    Cosmo

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there a script, which analyses the currently used plugins and lists those which are not compatible with OMV 4.x?

No but you can look at your list of plugins installed and compare it with what is available on omv-extras.org.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Hi,

First sorry for my poor english and sorry for, maybe, my idiot question, i am a newbie in linux :)

I want to upgrade from OMV 3 to 4, i verified all plugins and uninstall the old ones. But what happen for the programs i installed manually with apt-get install (like rclone for exemple) ? Are they going to be uninstalled cleanly ?

Thank you in advance

• Offizieller Beitrag

But what happen for the programs i installed manually with apt-get install (like rclone for exemple) ?

Nothing unless a newer version lives in the Debian 9/OMV 4 repo. Then they will be upgraded.

Are they going to be uninstalled cleanly ?

If the version installed conflicts with something in the upgrade, they will be removed.

• Offizieller Beitrag

what happened for the docker containers in the docker-gui plugin ?

Nothing should happen unless they don't work with the newer version of docker. I don't use a lot of dockers and haven't upgraded a 3.x system with dockers though.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!