Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Procedure

• I don't know what or who added this file but omv-extras did not add it. You need to either change the reference to jessie to stretch (no idea if this works) or remove this file.

Disable the hwraid repo in omv-extras. There is no plugins in it.

I haven't tried it and I don't have hardware to test. Can you install it? Maybe.

in order to answer:
    I use wheezy (sample on HP forum), then jessie (as you said, or as i think you meaned), and stretch (to test) and it's ok. i have this for HP tools (HW management from ssh/cli), like ssacli and hpacucli
    i disable HWraid for the moment, it creates error message when update management.
    i don't know how i can install this HPraid plugin. if you have an idea...

thanks for your help :)

I think after this test and experience with this 1st NAS, i m going to upgrade the others... and disable omv-extras/hwraid. very sad, because, all of my nas have hw raid card, and also sw raid too.

• Offizieller Beitrag

i don't know how i can install this HPraid plugin. if you have an idea...

wget https://dl.bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/erasmus-hwraid/pool/main/o/openmediavault-hpraid/openmediavault-hpraid_3.1_all.deb
    dpkg -i openmediavault-hpraid_3.1_all.deb

I think after this test and experience with this 1st NAS, i m going to upgrade the others... and disable omv-extras/hwraid. very sad, because, all of my nas have hw raid card, and also sw raid too.

It seems like you know how to install the HP utilities and use them. I don't think you really need the plugin.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• What I did ...

> update the list of available packages and their versions
    apt-get update

> install newer versions of the packages already available
    apt-get upgrade

... and now ...

> install OMV 4.0
    omv-release-upgrade

> intitialize OMV
    omv-initsystem

Here we go.

NOTE: This was an immediate installation of OMV 3.xx and direct upgrade to 4.0 since the normal procedure for 4.0 didn't work flawless. So be aware to disable all plug-ins before like mentioned by others before.

OMV 4.1.4-1 Arrakis on intel platform
    OMV 3.0.99 Erasmus on ARM platform

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Tinkerisk ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

You shouldn't have to do the initsystem part on an upgrade. I never do.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

Right, maybe better not to do with a system in production. Therefore I added the note.

Why the link to omv-initsystem? I know it should be done on a new install.

• wget https://dl.bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/erasmus-hwraid/pool/main/o/openmediavault-hpraid/openmediavault-hpraid_3.1_all.debdpkg -i openmediavault-hpraid_3.1_all.deb

It seems like you know how to install the HP utilities and use them. I don't think you really need the plugin.

Thanks a lot, ryecoaaron, it works exactly as i want....
    yes, i can use ssh connection, run some commands, but, i go on webgui more often than ssh. Usually, all my nas work very well.
    in english language, i have not the issue on connection box, no-scrollbars.
    in french language, there is a few translate mistakes or bad choices. If there is a topic to inform translaters/dev about some things i see, let me know.

OMV 4.1.4-1 seems to be my new NAS engine :D

• Offizieller Beitrag

If there is a topic to inform translaters/dev about some things i see, let me know.

https://www.transifex.com/votdev/openmediavault/

• Hi,

i have always some little troubles with OMV4. My question is at the end of this message :)

situation:
    So yesterday i wanted to see how i can unmount my /dev/sda1 (filesystemtype=ext4, from HP smart array raid card). (what i wanted to do is to have only my OS ssd seen in OMV, to wipe it, and then, reinstall 3.x or 4).
    to do that, i need to have no reference.
    i use 3 shared folders, 2 of them in FTP and SMB, 1 for backup plugin.
    i disable smb, ftp, uninstall backup plugin, omv-extras... every single part i thought there is a link...
    and i can't un-reference my /dev/sda1, i always see "reference=yes".

question:
    how can i see which part of OMV uses my partition or my shared folders ?

thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

how can i see which part of OMV uses my partition or my shared folders ?

Install the resetperms plugin and it will put a "Sharedfoldes in Use" tab in the shared folders section to show you exactly what is using it. That said, disabling a plugin doesn't remove the reference to shared folder. You either have to delete the share or set the shared folder to none (not possible in some plugins) or remove the plugin.

Isn't sda1 your OS drive?

• Install the resetperms plugin and it will put a "Sharedfoldes in Use" tab in the shared folders section to show you exactly what is using it. That said, disabling a plugin doesn't remove the reference to shared folder. You either have to delete the share or set the shared folder to none (not possible in some plugins) or remove the plugin.
    Isn't sda1 your OS drive?

Hello ryecoaaron, thank you for your answer. i will install this plugin.
    to install it, i was going to plugin section, and no resetperms plugin present. i install it from cli with theses 2 lines (OMV 3 erasmus plugin ?)
    wget https://dl.bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/erasmus/pool/main/o/openmediavault-resetperms/openmediavault-resetperms_3.3_all.deb
    dpkg -i openmediavault-resetperms_3.3_all.deb

=> exactly where i use theses 3 folders... ftp, smb and backup, anywhere else (new tabs, reset and shared folders in use).

(to be sure, does it exist a omv 4 plugins list ?)

sdb1 is my os drive actually. does it matter this order ?

I have another question:
    i unmount this partition and keep it safe (raid partition created/managed by HP raid card).
    if i see only my ssd, then, i wipe it, then i reinstall all my NAS from scratch, and then i add the saved partition, will it work properly ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

to install it, i was going to plugin section, and no resetperms plugin present. i install it from cli with theses 2 lines (OMV 3 erasmus plugin ?)

It should be in the list. It is in my list on all of my OMV 4.x systems. While the OMV 3.x and 4.x version of the plugin are the same (right now - hence the same version number), I wouldn't recommend downloading OMV 3.x plugins to install on OMV 4.x. Here is the bintray page for the 4.x version - https://bintray.com/openmediav…openmediavault-resetperms

sdb1 is my os drive actually. does it matter this order ?

I was just trying to make sure you weren't trying to wipe your os drive.

• now it is in my list too.
    ok for sda/sdb... thanks :) i use gparted frequently. There is no mistake, except if i drunk ^^, between my ssd and my raid array ;)

in fact, i will wipe my OS drive, to have a very clean system... except all my datas on raid volume, managed by HP card.

• hello, it's me again :(

since i use OMV4, i was not able to see my shared folders from mediaplayer.
    To deal with this situation that did not suit me, i add this ntlm auth = yes in Services/SMB-CIFS/Advanced Setting/extra options.

Under Win10-64, with my usual filebrowser, browsing network, i can see now this \\nas-genna.home in addition to my smb shared folders.

why ?

thanks

• Hi all,
    back to 3.0.99 on all my NAS.
    I prefer homogeneous NAS.
    I don't see improvement with 4.1 version for my use, but some difficulties, or different settings to work properly.
    I will try in a few months 4.x
    thanks all.

• greetings everyone

i have successfully upgraded from omv v3 to v4
    have tested ftp and smb, they works fine
    but apt-get update fails to complete
    what should be the problem?
    it is stuck as

• I've just upgrade one of my OMV servers from 3.0.99 to 4 and had a couple of issues during the way.

The 1st was the python weakref issue, which was easily fixed by modifying the weakref.py file.

The second which I'm more concerned with was that omg-extras gave an error during the upgrade and after completion and rebooting was still at version 3 along with the omv-extra plugins that had been installed that were also at version 3. With this server it's not an issue and I just removed and re-installed them from the repo, but my concern is that my main file server actively uses imv-plugins, specifically docker. Am I going to have issues with my docker instances if I have to remove and reinstall both docker and imv-extras manually?

I did check the plugins available for OMV4 and anything not listed against v4 was removed before proceeding with the upgrade, so why is it struggling to update omv-extras during the upgrade?
    I had also performed and apt-get update, apt-get upgrade and an apt-get dist-upgrade and rebooted prior to performing the omv-release-upgrade.

Thanks.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!