Where are certificates stored?

• Hey there,

I just found out that certificates and keys are stored in "/etc/ssl/private" and "/etc/ssl/certs".
    But I have two questions:

1. Where is the list stored? OMV is still saying I have more certs but I removed old ones (created some more while debugging, but removed certs and keys afterwards)
    2. Does the LetsEncrypt plugin actually move the certificates to this location? I have in mind that the certs are stored in "/etc/letsencrypt/live" but I had no time for further investigation

With best regards
    LouBen3010

• Offizieller Beitrag

Where is the list stored?

If you created them in the OMV web interface, they should be listed in the cert tab.

OMV is still saying I have more certs but I removed old ones (created some more while debugging, but removed certs and keys afterwards)

Did you remove them with the web interface or delete the files?

Does the LetsEncrypt plugin actually move the certificates to this location? I have in mind that the certs are stored in "/etc/letsencrypt/live" but I had no time for further investigation

The letsencrypt plugin creates certs with certbot in the /etc/letsencrypt/live directory but then uses an OMV rpc call to create a cert in the cert tab. OMV creates the same cert in the /etc/ssl/ directories.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I created them with the web interface and then they were shown in the cert tab, that's right.
    But what I wanted to know is, where the list of certificates is stored so that I can remove the "broken" entries manually.

Why I actually removed them via SSH and not via the web interface was the fact that I was not able to do it via it.
    The "Remove" option was greyed out. I thought I could have old references to this certs but I checked all plugins twice.
    Therefore I removed them hoping that the list gets updated so that only the correct one is shown.

Thanks for the hint with the LetsEncrypt plugin. The OMV ecosystem is very interesting.

• Thanks for the link to this great wiki. Its written really good!
    But unfortunately I don't know how to access the "internal database", as referenced here.

Sorry if I'm asking stupid things. Had a long 10 hours day at programming and then my brain is not capable to handle such things, haha.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!